KP_wag's Banana BJ45

KP_wag

• 1 month later...

Kinda lame update but first mod so thought Id better post

The factory horn was farked so instead of buying a cheap plug and play replacement, used as an opportunity to install these puppies that my dad had been hording in his shed.

i4qWcVw.jpg 

They are off a 70's Nissan President, and were actually not as easy to install as you might think as pretty huge and wanted to leave a clear path around the rad for future intercooler and piping. In the end found a sweet spot though, whipped up a bracket.

nPygqPd.jpg

Installed (though not yet wired)

qFFqjMz.jpg

Honk honk!

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Wof man said I need new leaf bushes, so decided to give cruiser a birthday and do full suspension overhaul. Settled on an Old Man Emu kit - ordered mid December 3 months later full list of parts still hasn't shown up which is pretty dumb. Enough to make a start though, which I did today and found this when I pulled out the first front spring:

IMG_20210320_184627.thumb.jpg.7278efb0855e2fdcd99741c832fd183e.jpg

The eagle eyed will notice that the leaf eye has sheared off and the only thing keeping the spring captive was the wrap of the next leaf. This would give probably 20mm of side play - and quite glad the diff didn't decide to go for a walk while going around a corner at 100kmh. Thought it had shit wandering steering but just put that down to #cruiserlife, Wof man probably missed also as pretty hard to see hidden inside spring hanger box.

Anyway, im thinking it might drive quite a lot better. Will chuck up a pic when all installed, is a 2" lift but will probably get 3 or maybe given how flat old springs were.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...