Aucklands Anon Burger meet!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for checking in on the nonexistent-Burgerfuel-meet thread.

Here's your monthly pic for August, brought to you by the third Wednesday of the month:

dodge-monaco-v2.png.982153062bb94e9adf536e77394a06a3.png

My Jaguar is blocked in by my pranged Alfa, which is running on about two cylinders these days so isn't easy to move out of the way. Could be a challenging burger. :tongue:

• Like 3

I reckon I could make next month, in my daily. But pretty confident that I’ll be able to make October with the Celica. We need to do a proper comparison next to each other, just maybe a park in between to make space for stupid big doors.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Get up early, sit on the motorway for 1 hour, wait in line 1 hour to buy a coffee, then another hour on the motorway home? :-P

I wanted to do the track cruise this month but it's not on because of the 2k Cup racing. I'm not clear on whether there will be a $10 admission charge for Caffeine & Gasoline because of the racing, or whether that only applies if you want to sit in a grandstand and watch it.

2 hours ago, Thousand Dollar Supercar said:

Get up early, sit on the motorway for 1 hour, wait in line 1 hour to buy a coffee, then another hour on the motorway home? :-P

I wanted to do the track cruise this month but it's not on because of the 2k Cup racing. I'm not clear on whether there will be a $10 admission charge for Caffeine & Gasoline because of the racing, or whether that only applies if you want to sit in a grandstand and watch it.

Last time I went to C&G there was an event on, and didn’t have to pay for park-up.

On 23/11/2019 at 13:01, Thousand Dollar Supercar said:

I just realised @michaelme said Caffeine and Classics (Takapuna) rather than Caffeine & Gasoline (Hampton Downs). I was under the impression that some of OS already attended Caffeine and Classics fairly regularly? 

Hi, yep sorry I meant the Takapoontang variety.

Got out there after 10 (kids took about 3 years to get out the door) and there were plenty of cars on show, and surprisingly heaps of parking in the back carparks.

However no photos so didn't happen

• Like 2

Hi guys

-I stepped down from Auckland Area rep a while ago due to having a bunch of shit going on at the time that I felt like I was drowning in.

Apologies for being so slack. Still don’t have a OS car that works but eh. 

-would any Aucklanders still be keen to attend unofficial burger meets now the weathers getting nicer? 

• Like 6