max's bj

MaxPower

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

messed up with these callipers I spent loads on re-kitting, internet said they are a good upgrade but I never measured to check see photo.

not too sure if theres a way to make an adapter plate or something. fitted longer brake hose to the rear tonight, used one of those no friends brake bleeder things man they work sweet. 

IMG_1541.jpg

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, MaxPower said:

messed up with these callipers I spent loads on re-kitting, internet said they are a good upgrade but I never measured to check see photo.

not too sure if theres a way to make an adapter plate or something. fitted longer brake hose to the rear tonight, used one of those no friends brake bleeder things man they work sweet. 

IMG_1541.jpg

Thought it was weird you were using 80 series stuff as had never heard of that.

Mate has a vizsla x huntaway - it's bananas 

• 2 months later...

long time no update. finished the rear tyre carrier, got a better tent and awning can actually hang off this one. took it up north for a week camping near dargville at my in-laws place its sweet 300 hectares on the beach with nothing there. drove down to poutu light house etc.

49106991_2275422825825173_4106509104623648768_o.jpg

• Like 7

she's pretty sloppy alright and pretty terrible to drive. hoping to sort out the steering a bit.

putting front diff centre together today, these diff holders are sweet you buy the template and get them laser cut and weld it up saves chasing the diff round your table.

diff1.JPG

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
35 minutes ago, matred said:

Would you mind uploading a few pics of your intercooler install. What kind of intercooler are you using I've found there's not much space to fit one

had to ditch the air con, brought a second hand generic chinise 600x300 cooler and made some simple mild steel brackets to fit it up doesn't look the best but it works, used the drop saw for cutting the bends then put heaps of masking tape round the bends and got a guy to tig them up. I had to cut up the fan shroud quite a bit. wouldn't work on a 6 cylinder i reckon.

cooler1.jpg

cooler2.jpg

cooler3.jpg

cooler4.jpg

cooler5.jpg

cooler6.jpg

• Like 1

installed a gfb d-force controller last night, it came with an egt probe so we drilled it in the exhaust manifold pre-turbo, and the boost solenoid thingy got screwed into the turbo housing. today i changed the front diff over and assembled the rear diff centre, the copper tubing took ages to sort out.

egt.jpg

rear diff.jpg

front diff.jpg

engine stand.jpg

d force.jpg

• Like 3