max's bj

MaxPower

22 hours ago, KP_wag said:

What's yer plan with the trailer hub? Prolly being daft but how do you mount a spare wheel on that? 

Iforce isn't working? is there another easy way to put up pics? will try just off my computer. drew a picture of how it works,

Edited by MaxPower
photo too large

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

painted the roof white, lanolin inside roof, put roof lining back in (what a cunt of a job), paid for someone to put the windows back in it only cost $150, rebuilt some 80 series callipers with new pistons and seals, brought the steel i need for the tow bar, brought one of those tow bars you can remove just waiting for it to turn up to start building the tow bar, brought new wheels and fitted the tyres myself was good fun never used a tyre machine before.

Then i drove it into my work van by accident. had the h brake cable out to get lengthened so had the cruiser in gear which i normally never do, went to warm it up and turned the key from outside the vehicle and she starts instantly, took off into the van then shelter belt. cruisers sweet but van door is toast.

crash.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

have a good spare bumper as it took a bit of a beating when it took on the shelter belt, plus theres some rust i would like to sort out. put a non sun deck bumper on in the meantime. took it for a drive today its got a heap more grunt with the new 3" exhaust and its very quiet.

pics.

spaz.jpg

• Like 2

yeah cheers, not sure never seen a set of mr2 callipers in hand?, haven't put the callipers on just yet need a couple of longer brake hoses front and rear so will put them on then. also looking for a larger master and a 80 booster. list of things needed\wanted doesn't seem to be getting smaller! 

16 hours ago, MaxPower said:

anyone know if rear discs are worth it? people say to use mr2 rear callipers. heres the 80's series ones i fixed up

caipers.jpg

I've had a few BJ73's and found the rear drums filled with water and mud, even after adjustment it was hard to trust the hand brake while off roading. 

If you can I would put discs on it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

got some cheap roof racks this week second hand, put on the roof tent and fox wing (3 side) awning, we are testing out some products for my wifes father and seeing what needs improving etc. 

brought a 16 tooth driven speedo gear to correct the speedo but unfortunately it doesn't engage properly so doesn't work. Am thinking about putting 4.3 ratio gears in it as the current 4.1s are a bit long. anyone got any 4.3s for sale?

IMG_1534.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, KP_wag said:

Shit man BJs got stature, looks friggin good. 

You should build a badass front bumper for it, ditch the chrome for something minimalist that tucks up to fill the body lift gap. 

Keen as to build a front bumper not too sure on shape though. would like to keep the old pto winch, am tiding it up to put back on. can buy 4.56 ratio gears wondering if they would be ok. heres how the rear bumper is getting on. Pretty agricultural but I don't have many tools at my disposal (welder and grinder)

IMG_1538.jpg

4.56s will be awesome, were in my truck that also had H55F - motor was a fair bit revvier than your diesel but sounds like 4.1s ain't doing it for you so you obviously know what yer in for. 

Here's a couply pics of the bumpers I built for my lump, I removed the PTO as was a massive overhang and with the better approach angles found I barely needed a winch. 

rainy cruiser.jpg

rainy cruiser 2.jpg

• Like 4

Here's a pic of it dirty :grin:

Not so keen on the big elaborate roo bar spec, mostly used for mudding and mountain access as opposed to bush bashing so never got a hammering up top. Copy away, by memory I got the centre section folded out of 3mm mild sheet and reinforced behind it with box will try and dig out the pics

4x4 31.jpg

• Like 2