max's bj

MaxPower

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have bought a 1" body lift , 2" lift springs, new shocks and bushes etc, steering damper, and am hoping to shift the front axle forward 1". Some 35's to look cool if funds allow. I won't be fitting a light bar to the bonnet sorry. Hope to get this truck all sorted before summer and do some missions. I don't have a tig so am going to tack the exhaust together with some 304 2.5mm 304 arc rods tell me if this is a bad idea.

Nice truck 

Where did you get the window frames from? 

Mate had one of these. He took the factory bumper and brackets off the front and mounted an alloy bullbar straight to the pto winch. It made the front shorter and less picnic table. 

1 hour ago, Mof said:

Nice truck 

Where did you get the window frames from? 

Mate had one of these. He took the factory bumper and brackets off the front and mounted an alloy bullbar straight to the pto winch. It made the front shorter and less picnic table. 

window frames and rubbers were new from toyota in Paeroa , about $800. I hate the massive sun deck on the front , when I can afford it it will go. wof shouldn't be a problem for me.. :)  

In other news brought some 316 rods to tack the exhaust up today, will then try find someone to do a cashie to tig it up. Also have found a whole rusty bj70 for parts will pick it up soon as I broke the windscreen getting it out of mine. Cert will be on the cards when Ive finished the tidy up. Don't like body lifts as I think they look stupid but it is needed for the tread I will fit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

window frames and rubbers were new from toyota in Paeroa , about $800. I hate the massive sun deck on the front , when I can afford it it will go. wof shouldn't be a problem for me.. :)  

In other news brought some 316 rods to tack the exhaust up today, will then try find someone to do a cashie to tig it up. Also have found a whole rusty bj70 for parts will pick it up soon as I broke the windscreen getting it out of mine. Cert will be on the cards when Ive finished the tidy up. Don't like body lifts as I think they look stupid but it is needed for the tread I will fit.

Are you still out Paengaroa way? Ethan at P3 steelworks might be a go for tig welding the exhaust. Find them on fb and flick him a message

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mof said:

So tell me, how do you get those rear side window frames out? 

To be honest I didn't know my self, so paid novus at the mt to take them out and put them back together, will give putting them back in a go myself. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UTERUS said:

Awesome, I love 70 series cruisers. 

You know about body lift being Wof fail? I was going to but didn't want another thing to add to the fail list. 

Since when?? I thought you could do a 2" lift before it became a cert job.

I never had any problems with a 2" body lift I did in my pajero, when it came to wof's

Hot BJ, I just acquired one also (40 series 3B no T).

Where abouts are you man? I'm in Hams and could prolly help out re tig if you did all the metal work and presented me with a beautifully fit up, tacked sculpture so only have to run beads. Also depends if you want it back purged (prolly couldn't be bothered with that), and how picky you are as I'm no pro. Would be plenty pretty enough for a cruiser though... EDIT > see yer a fair way away, presuming too far

And yeah body lift definitely needs certification, and bolts need to be to correct grade (or at least that was the deal when I did my 60-series ages ago) 

23 hours ago, KP_wag said:

Hot BJ, I just acquired one also (40 series 3B no T).

Where abouts are you man? I'm in Hams and could prolly help out re tig if you did all the metal work and presented me with a beautifully fit up, tacked sculpture so only have to run beads. Also depends if you want it back purged (prolly couldn't be bothered with that), and how picky you are as I'm no pro. Would be plenty pretty enough for a cruiser though... EDIT > see yer a fair way away, presuming too far

And yeah body lift definitely needs certification, and bolts need to be to correct grade (or at least that was the deal when I did my 60-series ages ago) 

have brought a cert sweet body lift kit, have welded up the turbo dump pipe tonight with these arc rods and they are doing a really nice job, think I'm going to weld it all up with them, won't show photos though haha. if you need any 3b parts this parts bj70 I'm picking up next weekend is running one. 

All the paint/primer etc turned up today will just paint the roof for now to fit a roof tent and look at spraying the body later on when time allows.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KP_wag said:

Sweet, H55F? What diff ratios has it got in it? 

yes h55, 3.7s unfortunately , am looking for another 4.1 as I have one already, have found a 4.1 arb air locker but the copper air line is buggered and partially dissembled am a bit worried about buying it. 

paint is home now hope its good enough, muffler turned up too just waiting on the body lift before I finish the exhaust as I want it tucked up nice and high. Will work on the roof this weekend, it needs a few rust patches.

gcvum3dk.osu.jpg

Wanna do a deal? 4.1s in my truck I think - not on the firewall so need to jack up and check, google says BJ45 should be... Am only looking to use mine as farm hand/ute about town so would be happy to swap for 3.7s and 5 speed assuming spline count on yer H55F suits... Rear is full float LSD, also some cash yer way let me know (PM me)

• Like 2

went digging in the roof and found more rust than I had expected. not sure if I'm keen to take this amount on. Also probably cant afford to pay for a pro to take it on as I imagine they will want to remove the roof. looks like condensation forms inside the roof then drips into the outer edges of the roof,  its too late when you see rust bubbles.

Anyone know how the gutters are attached on these? I'm guessing spot welds but there isn't much room on the a pillar to access them.

Im wondering if I can weld in new patches with leaving the gutters on and filling the inside of the roof with an anti rust wax etc to halt it for a while, better to have something you can use then it sit in the shed for years. The truck is always going to be stored under cover or in a shed.

What say you guys?

uxfhoiyf.anc.jpg

o2f1qlgy.s32.jpg

wv3acszp.ehj.jpg

u3qhe53y.vk5.jpg

Looks just like my mitsi.

Yes leave the gutters on. See that swage line thing. Cut along that. See how bad it is when you have the whole lot off. Patch those inside bits while it's wide open. Zinc everything. Weld on exterior patches. Then blast the inside with chassis wax

• Like 2

so instead of spending money on things like getting stuff for a wof , I went and brought 5 khumo 35" mud terrain tyres to make my ego bigger.

this is them on with no lift.

udt4hlld.qys.jpg

hwsarf3k.vbp.jpg

But of course the spare doesn't fit now cause its so friggn large. have to put new bumper\spare carrier on the to do list too.

have taken all the body bolts out to put the 1" body lift in tomorrow , that will allow me to finish the exhaust off, have the dump pipe all welded up but the exhaust flexi is too long. still waiting on the new leafs its been about 2 weeks now (first world issues) 

• Like 1