1982 RX60 Cressida 1UZFE Conversion

tyronj

14 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

So yours will probably read w5* and E*** the * represent what ever numbers identify the ratios of both

Yeah sorry I guess I wasn't quite clear in my post. 

What I meant was that its witchcraft trying to identify what gear box it is just by looking at the outside. 

Most people will claim that a W box with a steel center plate is a w58 but this isn't always true.

13 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

Yeah sorry I guess I wasn't quite clear in my post. 

What I meant was that its witchcraft trying to identify what gear box it is just by looking at the outside. 

Most people will claim that a W box with a steel center plate is a w58 but this isn't always true.

oh, lol, was thinking you should of known the difference. The W55 in the GS126 has a steel center so that ruins that theory. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2018 at 13:40, Seedy Al said:

It will be.  Actually surprised this has a w55 too as most rx60s I have seen have been w50.

Good score there if so.

Keen to see how this pans out as need to get onto the same swap on my rx30

It's all alloy 5 speed so thinks it's a 55,6,7 possibly

On 05/07/2018 at 13:40, Seedy Al said:

It will be.  Actually surprised this has a w55 too as most rx60s I have seen have been w50.

Good score there if so.

Keen to see how this pans out as need to get onto the same swap on my rx30

It's all alloy 5 speed so thinks it's a 55,6,7 possibly

20 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

If it's all alloy then it won't be a w50 as they are steel casing.  So that's rad.  As for what it might be out of the w55s etc its all witch craft in my opinion. 

As @Carsnz123 said, if you are lucky it might have the info on the firewall build plate.  But if its nz new which It probably is then can be a little vague with details. 

This is what a correctly stamped build plate should look like. 

IMG_7240_resize.JPG

If looking at the plate,  the second line from the bottom labeled trans/axle covers what transmission and diff are in the car.

So yours will probably read w5* and E*** the * represent what ever numbers identify the ratios of both.

In the picture above you can tell this car has an a340 auto and a G series diff which is same as a hilux.

One random question.  I assume you're gearbox shift pattern is conventional, doesn't have the reverse jammed up to the top left or anything? 

I only ask as some ozzy built ones that also made there way over here have borgwarner gearboxes and diffs.

No info on chassis tag, nz new. Has a normal shift pattern

Well yeah.  Without a doubt it will be an E series diff. And most likely just a w55. Which is all good.!

As for bolt in upgrades,  there are few F series live axle options around, these are going to be from a Toyota crown.  They are potentially wider tho and I would be very surprised if the arms lined up given the epic difference in chassis design. I have never had both side by side. 

Can also pull F series diffs from Toyota Estimas, some of which come in a brake disc'd 5 link option. So might be something to look into.

How the fuck did I become such a Toyota Barry :/ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seedy Al said:

Well yeah.  Without a doubt it will be an E series diff. And most likely just a w55. Which is all good.!

As for bolt in upgrades,  there are few F series live axle options around, these are going to be from a Toyota crown.  They are potentially wider tho and I would be very surprised if the arms lined up given the epic difference in chassis design. I have never had both side by side. 

Can also pull F series diffs from Toyota Estimas, some of which come in a brake disc'd 5 link option. So might be something to look into.

How the fuck did I become such a Toyota Barry :/ 

Awesome thanks for the info man.