1982 RX60 Cressida 1UZFE Conversion

tyronj

4 hours ago, Carsnz123 said:

does it have an F series diff? If so the LSD unit out of an Altezza or the front of a 4wd hilux will fit. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it'll be something like an E series diff in the RX60, mine at least was smaller than an F.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Raizer said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it'll be something like an E series diff in the RX60, mine at least was smaller than an F.

yea they dont come solid axle F, you're right it will be E i'm pretty sure

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

There website makes me nervous.  No real indication of who or where they are. ....

You are right, it is weird. They also say they do "local pickup".... but where??? Their domain name appears to be registered as being in Wyoming... if that's what "WY" stands for.

EDIT: Oregon apparently. https://www.facebook.com/pg/RichKobliha/about/?ref=page_internal

Edited by Adoom

22 hours ago, chees- said:

yea they dont come solid axle F, you're right it will be E i'm pretty sure

I wouldn't be keen on the torque of a 1UZ through an E diff. Then again I'm tempted how much boost I can shovel into the LD28 before the H165 goes bang in the VPJR30. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Firetruck said:

I've bought a few items from them with no issue, used Youshop for the shipping coz cheaper

Awesome good to know you have used them in the past twizler.  Puts my mind at ease. Might look at buying some stuffs. 

Talk about thread hijack lol

• Like 1

On 05/07/2018 at 13:40, Seedy Al said:

It will be.  Actually surprised this has a w55 too as most rx60s I have seen have been w50.

Good score there if so.

Keen to see how this pans out as need to get onto the same swap on my rx30

So how do I tell which w box it is? It's all alloy and 5 speed. Depending on where u look it could be a 50, 55, 56, 57 or 58. 

7 minutes ago, tyronj said:

It's a live axle, looks pretty small to 

Likely an E series diff. 6.5" crown wheel as opposed to the 7.5" of an F series. Post a pic of the ID tag on the firewall. That will Have the info.  Someone here might know if it's possible to bolt in swap an F series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyronj said:

So how do I tell which w box it is? It's all alloy and 5 speed. Depending on where u look it could be a 50, 55, 56, 57 or 58. 

If it's all alloy then it won't be a w50 as they are steel casing.  So that's rad.  As for what it might be out of the w55s etc its all witch craft in my opinion. 

As @Carsnz123 said, if you are lucky it might have the info on the firewall build plate.  But if its nz new which It probably is then can be a little vague with details. 

This is what a correctly stamped build plate should look like. 

IMG_7240_resize.JPG

If looking at the plate,  the second line from the bottom labeled trans/axle covers what transmission and diff are in the car.

So yours will probably read w5* and E*** the * represent what ever numbers identify the ratios of both.

In the picture above you can tell this car has an a340 auto and a G series diff which is same as a hilux.

One random question.  I assume you're gearbox shift pattern is conventional, doesn't have the reverse jammed up to the top left or anything? 

I only ask as some ozzy built ones that also made there way over here have borgwarner gearboxes and diffs.