Jesse's really shit but really cheap trackdays/potential 2kcup mirage

DoBro Jesus

Got my dobis on friday and fitted them up on sat, quite happy with the amount of slam I got for just "low" springs, back could come down a little more but the front came down nicely!

Picked up my direzzas today too!

ks4k0rae.kav.jpg
h3jy3nxm.5wb.jpg
2kvqf544.5mk.jpg
1jo3nzdx.s5s.jpg

I also have an e33a galant with the dohc 4g63 so thought I'd out them side by side and see what galant goodies would go on the mirage. Quite surprised that the mirage runs the exact same brakes all round as the galant. Thought they were quite big for a little car. Good nonetheless, mirage has a 54mm throttle body whereas galant has a 60mm so may look at small performance mods like that down the line

yfdmdols.umx.jpg

• Like 5

Thats a random and unusual choice for a Track car.  It looks fun! I had a 96 mirage hatch with i think the same motor and it went hard for what it was. So nimble!

2kcup won't allow mods like throttle and brake upgrades so keep that in mind. 

Yeah I'd do reversible mods like that so I could take it back to stock if I did end up doing 2kcup. Probably not worth doing anyway be minimal gains.

Yeah haha I like to be different and the fact it was basically free had a part to play! But yeah It does go quite well, definitely a fun little car.

Lol do you think they would pick up on a 60mm throttle body that looks Mitsubishi OEM over 54mm, on his well used Mirage vs the guys that have fresh "rebuilt" motors - fully caged and 10x the dollars invested in them?

The same guys that put brand new springs, struts and expensive bumpstops in for each incremental advantage over the rest?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CUL8R said:

Lol do you think they would pick up on a 60mm throttle body that looks Mitsubishi OEM over 54mm, on his well used Mirage vs the guys that have fresh "rebuilt" motors - fully caged and 10x the dollars invested in them?

The same guys that put brand new springs, struts and expensive bumpstops in for each incremental advantage over the rest?

This is what sort of puts me off about the 2kcup. I think it was invented for people to have fun on the cheap, but it seems people are investing so much money into it now that it's defeating the initial purpose of it. 

May as well call it the levin/trueno cup as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So this died a few months back going to the shops, so suspected fuel pump. 

So it's been sitting round doing nothing, but bought some cheap coilovers for the rear which looked like they'd fit up going by measurements, so fitted them up, but the one crucial measurement I forgot to get was the length haha, so yeah it slammed it to the point of it being undriveable

x12wotof.13f.jpg
ddedddtm.oni.jpg

Then decided to throw the 4g63 from the galant in for shits and giggles, and put fuel pump from that in also, now its back up and running and running 2 litre POWAHHH. Very straightforward swap, looms are the same so only had to swap ECUs and a few linkages and mounts as I kept the galant gearbox on the '63 as well. Definitely goes a lot better now, though not as rev happy. 

3cuxekoc.suo.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...