Carsnz123's VPJR30 Skidline Chat (or lack there of)

Carsnz123

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also good luck with finding taillights - i has to have mine rebuilt at autolights. Be very carefull with those rare rear windows too.

A guy by the name of Aaron Anderson-hall on facebook has 2 one of which is my old one and I dont know whats happining with the other (parts for you I hope - or use yours as parts for it)

I do miss this car - LD20 had little power but towed everything and never let us down

DSC_9046.jpg

• Like 1

I stumbled out of Alex's shed in the soft light of a golden bay dawn to have my morning piss when I saw that beast for the first time, as first impressions are everything, mine were along the lines of god that car is filth, how did Nissan get from Hakosuka to here?

I wish you all the best for your future smoking holiday reds at the kennel club while placing $5 bets on your brother's mate's husband's greyhound

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

BTW a good and fairly cheap cleaning solution for manual boxes is a 2:1 ratio of white spirit and ATF. Used it in my Vitesse gearbox and the amount of crap that came out was horrific. Fill it up, start it up on stands and run through the gears a few times. Let it idle in gear for 5 mins. Drain, and refill with more of the fresh mixture, and let it idle in gear for 10 mins. Drain and refill with oil of your choice (unless second drain was also horrific, in which case do it a 3rd time)

• 2 weeks later...

Great progress!

I was sharning with Karl last weekend en route to Hanmer.  While this whip maybe isn't as cool as the deez 260, it's probably going to drive/handle a lot tighter. I take it you'll be adding a post combustion thermal expansion driven barometric compensator after Hanmeet? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I take it you'll be adding a post combustion thermal expansion driven barometric compensator after Hanmeet? 

Yes but I think I'll reinforce the gearbox mount first. @JustHarry and @Slacker_Sam. know how rough it looks. And maybe rebuild a gearbox seeing as karls car keeps breaking them.