Akl monthly meet

@Mr Vapour hot rod club I’m apart of used to use burgerfuel manukau for a monthly hot rod burger night. Used to park out front of the shop - but then they stopped reserving carparks for us. 

Ive considered there and the botany location aswell, but I think they’re too far out of the way / south / east I reckon. People stopped coming after ellerslie dropped off and I reckon that’s due to its starting to get too far to travel in traffic for shore/west/cbd folk.

my 2c.

not naysaying. I want these meets to continue and to get back to the size they used to be

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that i've been for a while ;

But 100% agree with Tom, any further south than Mt Wellington (which is now a no go) would be too far for most, the more central the better it is for everyone.

Good ideas about talking with the burger fuel boe, I've seen him working at the Takanini branch too.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if Animates got on board, we could all write letters saying "we're not just car enthusiasts, we're pet owners too, and I may choose to purchase my Pal dog roll and whiskers biscuits elsewhere now" lol

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, oldrx7 said:

Would be interesting to see what would happen if Animates got on board, we could all write letters saying "we're not just car enthusiasts, we're pet owners too, and I may choose to purchase my Pal dog roll and whiskers biscuits elsewhere now" lol

Just direct them to the growler/pussy/grunter threads.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If the affiliation isn't strong with burger boes, would it be feasible to park-up at the car park at Mission Bay? I'm assuming it's not hugely busy on a Wednesdee?

Also then got that Tamaki drive cruise. 

Other options could include a rotation of (but not limited to) :

Quay Street Hell Pizza next to Carbon Garage (Been to bike meets there on scoots)

Brother's Beer Nelson Street (Huge carpark + beer)

Beer Spot Takapuna.

I like the option of being able to eat close to the cars cause I'm usually running late for dinner.  A couple of the above might need a rep call / booking / 'you guys keen eh?' but with the business generated they should be on board.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oldrx7 said:

Would be lol/lush if it was a car and pet and meat meet. 

Porches and pooches.

Holdens and hounds

Toyotas and pterodactyls

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snoozin said:

I like the idea of approaching the Animates people with a plan to return to Ellerslie, I liked that joint. 

Otherwise I have no other real input, sorry.

Yeh ditto. I still won't show up because I live an hour away unless I happen to be around in city but I like the idea of it being there

• Like 2

The only other idea I had was if anyone's work or know someone with a car park around same size as Ellerslie burgerfuel animates car park everyone meet there and get a food truck to come along. Be cool to eat and talk cars next to the cars rather then down below in shop.

Just an idea 

• Like 3

^ you pretty much just described the beerspot (A+ would trade again)

i do like a monthly meet but like 73crownwagon i live quite far away to the north west, so the more central the better, but then central = busy and space is more expensive so carparks are likley to be smaller/fuller or more secure...

BF ellerslie is a good spot as its got a 'private' car park that we can pretty much claim and a variety of foods as well as being central (so least distance required on average for everyone).

Maybe could have a rotating meet?  Northwest mall has an upstairs carpark (as per Parked up Out West) and a growing number of food joints - id imagine they (the mall) would be quite keen to get more custom on a mid week evening.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ajg193 said:

Auckland is big enough these days that it might be worth splitting into north Auckland and South Auckland meets? All the commies can go to the south Auckland meet and the Mercedes can go to the north meets 

Auckland doesn't have the same supply of classic/older/retro/novelty cars for that, no matter how much it 'grows' the cars, and the enthusiasts who attend the meets are a finite resource.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Auckland is big enough these days that it might be worth splitting into north Auckland and South Auckland meets? All the commies can go to the south Auckland meet and the Mercedes can go to the north meets 

And west auckland

On 6/29/2018 at 22:13, rustisize said:

Auckland doesn't have the same supply of classic/older/retro/novelty cars for that, no matter how much it 'grows' the cars, and the enthusiasts who attend the meets are a finite resource.

Tbh, aside from being a slack cunt, another reason I dont monthly often is because going east is a pain in the area after work. Regionalising might work. That said couldn't commit to showing up even then..

/nohelp 

• Like 1

On 29/06/2018 at 20:58, ajg193 said:

Name the place and the people will come (I will anyway)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Bronze said:

Tbh, aside from being a slack cunt, another reason I dont monthly often is because going east is a pain in the area after work. Regionalising might work. That said couldn't commit to showing up even then..

/nohelp 

Regionilisng could work.

anyone from north/west/east wanna step up and find and organise a venue and we can roll a rotation of each area once every four months?

• Like 1