Akl monthly meet

Unfortunately this month we will be postponing this meet. 

Apologies for the late notice.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are no longer able to use our current monthly meet location.

Ive been looking into alternative locations, but can’t really think of anywhere suitable that is central for a meet to take place.

-I’m more familiar with South and East Auckland tbh, and am aware that a lot of our members are from travelling from west/and the shore on evenings, traffic will make attending locations further out of the CBD area more of a mission, and with numbers dwindling as is I don’t see that as a viable alternative.

Apologies for this.

Please if you have any input towards locations/ideas for the future of the monthly meets or how we can gain attendance again feel free to comment below or PM me if needed.

Shakotom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 73crownwagon said:

Can the car park that was the spot in Ellerslie for years not an option these days? Havnt been to a meet in years just curious party 

Not really. Long story, but a local resident (Porsche owner) complained and then the CEO of the vet company told us we weren't allowed to use their carpark anymore... 

potentially also the same guy?

also did an actual burnout  (tyre chirp) and actually nearly ran a number of people over when leaving in the carpark and on the ramp, post his rant sbout 'noisy cars' on the road waking his kid, in his rush to get back to his house that is next to the southern mway.

• Like 3

It's the animates people that have the issue. Yes the guy complained but it's not the main thing. 

At the last meet on the roof after a burger myself and a couple of others went back up stairs. There was a rotary warming up. The CEO and GM of animates had worked late and came out to leave and we're surprised to see the park full of old school. They did not know that we had been using the park . 

I spoke with them and put them on to Richie and Neal (I think) 

Basicly they have said that having the car meet there is outside of their health and safety standards and they are not prepared to take the risk to have us there. 

We did have an agreement with the owner to use the park, but animates have lease on the carpark and therefor it is their responsibility. 

So yes health and safety kills the fun again 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

the main issue i think is that the new act makes animates, as tenants who occupy that space, responsible for all people/contractors/customers on site. meaning if something went wrong they could be responsible for it, the landlord as well. so to avoid unwanted liability they are simply declining the request. which isnt really unreasonable to be honest, if you look at it from their point of view. 

getting a bit in depth for this conversation but perhaps we (OS) should look at writing up a health and safety plan. that way animates or whoever could rely on the information supplied on that, meaning that OS is responsible for its members behavior and conduct rather than animates or the landlord. councils need this stuff from any party looking to occupy a reserve or any public property, and also proof of public liability insurance which we might already have?

/ling /sharn just my 2 cents on the situation 

• Like 3

Yep, that's the kinda sharn we needed. 

We certainly do have liability insurance and I'm sure we can gather the know how to write a decent health and safety plan. Opening the conversation with Animates will be a really important step... 

Does anyone have contact details for the animates GM or CEO from when this all happened?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^ I like where this conversation is going.

And perhaps the whole reason why we cant go there should of been said when the problem occurred but yeah to late now

And getting a proper health and safety plan along with timetables of when and where the carpark would be in use and the times used.

would take away just a whole bunch of people turning up to a well organised social club event.

also having a sharn to the manager of that burger fuel which he manages a few from memory would also be beneficial so we work along side with his H % S guild lines and then being a group organised event.

just my 2cents    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He is the manager of Ellesllie, mt wellington and New lynn. 

he was very helpful when we were moving around between sites. 

Why can we not continue at countdown Mt wellington? 

What about count down MAnukau, similar set up. big underutilized car p;ark and a burger king up stairs. 

• Like 2