Lux's collection of crappy 2T nangs

HighLUX

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the stroke on that beast? Last I heard from 'my' engine guy was not to be afraid of moving the barrel a little when dialing combustion chamber in.

Jennings reckons 0.4ish mm minimum squish, 1.5mm max. Seems like a lot of leeway

Any signs underneath the piston crown? 

2 steps forward one step back it seems. 

Swapped base gasket out to 1 I barry’d up with a ball peen hamer out of 1.2mm gasket paper. Success as can now run 1 headgasket and head with untouched squish band without piston touching the head issues. 

Got excited for a test nang but now its running like shit and wont idle/lazy to rev. Spark plug is super wet almost dripping with fuel now.

Gave up for the day and will check the carb tomorrow/drop a jet size

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh lols. The needle had popped the clip up when I put the carb back together earlier so it was just jumping round doing its own thing.

Got it sorted and happy idle/shed nangs again. Seems alot more rev happy now too. Will wait for daylight tomorrow for more test n tune

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just ordered a 13T sprocket from the UK to try get a bit more top speed without too much torque loss that I got from the 15T one and another Giannelli spanny/muffler combo to suit a TS50 instead of the TS80 one im currently running. It will be interesting to see how the power band changes. I slapped the factory exhaust back on for lols and it makes the bike so lazy, no noticeable powerband just quiet nangs 

• Like 1

More tutu'ing and getting better results. Whipped the head off to check squish clearance after everthing had settled, piston crown still had the faintest mark on the back edge where its just contacting when things expand. Very cautious grind with the die grinder to fix the touching and slapped it back together. 

Went up to a 120mj jet again an dropped to a 48 pilot which is seems very happy with, enough torque to hold 4th up most hills if I keep it on pipe and the high rev off idle cutout/splutter has gone with the smaller pilot jet. Just went for a happy backroad nang and it will rev right out to the top of 5th on the flat now which is about 78-80ks at 10k RPM.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

TS went bang again which was dumb so decided to see if a mudbug motor would fit, purchased a TF125 and stripped it down with a few parts going to a mate to resurrect his one.

IMG-1039.jpg

Got off to a good start with magneto and sprocket off the TS engine going straight onto the 125 block but then when it came to engine going into the frame things didnt go so good. Motor fits the frame but only just and the offset exhaust port lines up perfectly with the front of the frame so thats not going to work without fucking with the frame which I dont want to do.

So purchased another one from Fielding for the lowlowprice of $150.

IMG-1038.jpg

Bit rough and ready but perfect for just nanging round on, few things on it to tidy up and get lights working etc luckily I have the other one to swap bits from. Interestingly it has a VIN on it and shows up in carjam so could be made road legal. Its going off to live down Hicks Bay as a hunting/fishing nang machine so WOF aint really required lols

• Like 3

At a loss with what to do about the TS and its motor being a cunt really.

Im over fucking round with the 50cc so the only option is go bigger displacement but still wanna stay 2T. Next step will be go have a geez at a JR80 to see how the bolt to frame/measure size but they have an offset exhaust port too which could be an issue or maybe a RM80 engine/dunno

On 24/02/2019 at 17:07, HighLUX said:

At a loss with what to do about the TS and its motor being a cunt really.

Im over fucking round with the 50cc so the only option is go bigger displacement but still wanna stay 2T. Next step will be go have a geez at a JR80 to see how the bolt to frame/measure size but they have an offset exhaust port too which could be an issue or maybe a RM80 engine/dunno

I've got a mid 80s and a mid 90s DS80 here if you need pics or measurements.

• Like 1

This would have to be the coolest of my 2T brap collection

A 72' Kawasaki G4TR with hi/lo 5 speed box, been in the family since new being purchased by my uncle to punt round his kiwifruit orchard then languished in a shed for years. Been rego'd at some point so would be cool to get a plate back on it

5IzEIbr.jpg

Was last running around 10 years ago but this is the main issue that needs fixing

MeuSmbT.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1