Lux's collection of crappy 2T nangs

HighLUX

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of carb tuning over the last couple of days and its now got the performance of a standard 50cc scoot. Happy at 50km all day with maybe 65 in it on a long straight.

That's still too slow so 70cc kit and ts80 aftermarket spanny and muffler will be ordered in the next week or so. If I can get it to be happy at doing 90 'll be all smiles and 12000rpm all day

• Like 1

Factory spanny is the issue. Internet chat reckons they are have baffles in them that restrict them and poking a bit of mig wire in there seemed to confirm the rumour. Gunna get it all hopped up then take to proper 2t tuning wizards for max ringadings

• Like 3

Eh, I was racing a dude on a TS50 on tauranga Moped nz ride on my stock FR50  both speed tucked and neck to neck 

fr maxes at speedo indicated about 60-65kmh super wound out. So for a mostly stock 50 it’s probably about right 

• 2 weeks later...

Iv put close to 100kms of reliable ringadings on this now its running sweet enough to brave a bit of highway riding so I can get to the beach. Its sweet in town for brapping over roundabouts and not lifting on speed bumps

37075441_10160766795535323_4982490778681

Airsal 70cc kit should be here by the end of the week hopefully and exhaust/spanny kit from ebay by end of the month .

Did a bit of research/parts # googling and found out the only spanny/exhaust kit available for these is made by Giannelli, sample picture on webike got me all excited that it was gunna be something lush and shiny with pretty welds but turns out it looks like a factory chamber with a slightly different muffler. Not the end of the world but shiny would of been better because shiny.  Decided to get one for TS80 and gamble with maybe just needing the head pipe modded to fit the non water cooled barrel, should go good on the 70cc barrel with a good tune after its run in

giannelli-suzuki-ts-80-xe-54034-54035-fu

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Exhaust has shown up and its sweet. Much bigger than the punny 50cc one and nice chamber shape.

wykviaue.and.jpg

Doesnt quite fit though. Fouls on the fins on the head so they will need a grind down and head pipe needs a tweak down to suit what must be a slight difference between aircooled 50cc and watercooled ts80 barrel. Will see how it lines up with 70cc barrel when that gets here by the end of the week then mod. 

kejdznwe.mh2.jpg

x4c1nch5.gse.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...