Kelvinators Mini

kws

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, jackeo21 said:

Looks like an awesome project! I have a MK1 mini myself so will be glued to this project thread. If you need any bits let me know, I might have something in my hoard.

Do you have any later model bits? I need a screen wash bottle and correct heater tap

This is the bottle,
GWW906.jpg

and the heater tap
ADU9102MS.jpg

Im also kinda new to Minis, where is the best place to buy parts online? Is it best to use Minispares, or is there somewhere in NZ or Aus that has good pricing?

13 minutes ago, kws said:

Do you have any later model bits? I need a screen wash bottle and correct heater tap

This is the bottle,
GWW906.jpg

and the heater tap
ADU9102MS.jpg

Im also kinda new to Minis, where is the best place to buy parts online? Is it best to use Minispares, or is there somewhere in NZ or Aus that has good pricing?

I personally like to use a guy down in Tauranga, te puke I believe, search up classicminispares nz into google and you’ll come across it. Really well priced and great on shipping and if it’s not on the website he can have it in for you. I’ve got one of those taps somewhere, I’ll find it tomorrow. Just sold my mk4 full of parts but I may have a washer bottle! Will get back to ya.

• Thanks 1

Yea think I used classic mini spares too, there's a few things on trademe too. There's also Phil Dean in upper hutt who repairs them, which is a wealth of knowledge.

I got some 10" mini steelies from a MK4 if you want them Kelvin (free). I'm stealing the tyres though for the lawnmower

Well thats peculiar. Light Green/Brown and 2x Green is the flasher/Indicator relay.... Purple/Orange and Light Green/Pink is the hazard relay. The latter have been cut.

DSC02652.jpg

So what is this flasher on the firewall?
7i6fbVg.jpg
DFedVIg.jpg
xf6wLvx.jpg

Ah, the silver flasher may be the old, redundant relay since it was replaced. Apparently there should be wires running to that connector on the firewall, but they have been cut off.

As per this photo
b0bdc690c21481aeeddb84e73e25b448687f9e85

Woot, so it turns out Subarus use an M20x1.5 sump plug.... which means i can use an off the shelf magnetic plug. Now i just need to buy an 18.5mm drill bit, an M20x1.5 tap, and some concrete pills.

Those castor rods, dont throw them out yet, some oldschool places used to heat and bend them slightly to give some adjustment to the castor - ie if it has a bit of a pull, the bent castor rod will pull the wheel further forward to increase castor...

• Like 2