Kelvinators Mini

kws

37 minutes ago, SiRge said:

Y u no throw out points and go electronic ignition? After we got it in our mini, started pretty much first pop even in the cold, vtec may have even been slightly harder.

Will do eventually. Already spent WAY too much money as it is, just want it to run well enough to get through rego inspection

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, kws said:

Will do eventually. Already spent WAY too much money as it is, just want it to run well enough to get through rego inspection

Spose new points are feck all cost and last a decent 5-10k no worries

• Like 1

4 hours ago, a.craw4d said:

Is it worth giving the carpet a water blast and then dying it?

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work.

The rear carpet is in OK shape, but the front is a write off. The drivers footwell has a rubber mat glued over a large hole in the carpet, and the passengers side looks like a bored tiger had fun with it.

1 hour ago, Get it done said:

Awesome write ups, so though!

Nice result with the sump plug , best of all the pics look normal now must of been a rover thing a.

Thanks, i enjoy writing about what i have done, im just glad people enjoy reading it too.

I think the issue with the photos may have been when i was copy pasta-ing my photos in HTTPS. Dropping the secure connection seems to have fixed them, just means a bit more messing around each post. Glad its fixed on your end now though :thumbleft:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Nominal said:

That's a pretty big list to deal with. Hopefully there is something obvious with the brakes.

Its nothing too unexpected, except for the brakes. I had a feeling the rear arms were flogged, because taking a corner hard would result in the rear tire contacting the inner guard.... and it shouldn't do that. I've ordered parts, about $600 worth, and have someone that will ream the bushes for the rear arms for me. I may need more parts, but thankfully unlike the Rover i can get them locally, so isnt too much of an issue.

Realistically, for a car that has been off the road for a number of years, and seems to have had some questionable treatment when it was on the road (not to mention I suspect it was being used as a parts car before I got it), I don't think the list is too bad. No rust anyway, which is great.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, according to Phil at PD automotive, my radius arms have been rebuilt already and have little to no wear. He can't see how vtnz failed them for "play". Interesting. 

Bloody vtnz nailing their stereotype. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2