Tumeke's Spitfire Discussion

Tumeke

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a screwdriver through some metal last night under the shut-line for the bonnet close to the door hinges and wedged out some good sized hunks of filler followed by corn-flake rust. There are some other questionable but not warrant related bits I've noticed too - but best I ask no questions / ignore.

On a positive note I was gifted an argo-shield bottle complete with gas. No more bird-shit gas-less wire welds now hopefully!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My grandad had one of these that he was doing up for my late grandmother before she passed away. So many memories of being a little kid and playing in it pretending to drive it places while around at grandads.

and pulling the tin can covering the slightly upswept end of the exhaust and putting leaves in there.

He sold it still unfinished to a guy up north I think. Was yellow with red panels I think. Will have to see if can rummage up some photos

• Like 1

Have always wanted one of these. Well actually I have always wanted a Mk1 Jaguar but these are the next best thing.

Sidesharn: I very nearly bought one last summer. It was in the back of a guys shed when I was buying a Jet Ski. Looked pretty straight but the reg had lapsed. At the time I didn’t have the space for it. With my new garage being nearly finished I’m going to regret not buying it...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

Have always wanted one of these. Well actually I have always wanted a Mk1 Jaguar but these are the next best thing.

Sidesharn: I very nearly bought one last summer. It was in the back of a guys shed when I was buying a Jet Ski. Looked pretty straight but the reg had lapsed. At the time I didn’t have the space for it. With my new garage being nearly finished I’m going to regret not buying it...

759231494.jpg

Cheap m8

10 hours ago, locost_bryan said:

Nice looking car. :-)

A MK IV, so with the sorted rear suspension?  At least the gearbox can handle the power from the 1300, unlike the more powerful and heavier cars that used variants of it (GT6, Marina and non-Sprint Dolomite).

I have a spare 2500 engine lying around... PI Spitfire? Hmmmm

• Like 1

Just hot up the 1300. Inject it. Lumpy cam. Make car handle amazingly and for sure it won't be the fastest at the lights but it will be great fun in the twisties, hooning along, wind in your hair. You waving enthusiastically... 

"heeeeelloooooo boys".....