J21's '70 Datsun 521 Pickup Discussion

jackeo21

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be a couple kicking it in Lumsden too. 

I wouldn't jump so quickly onto the exclusivity bandwagon. You never know what people have sitting around in sheds.  A lot of older cars are owned by older people who don't give a fuck about showing them on the internet. 

2 hours ago, kyteler said:

There used to be a couple kicking it in Lumsden too. 

I wouldn't jump so quickly onto the exclusivity bandwagon. You never know what people have sitting around in sheds.  A lot of older cars are owned by older people who don't give a fuck about showing them on the internet. 

Great point. When I first saw the truck I had figured it was very rare, possibly only one of a few in New Zealand. However as I dig deeper they are coming out of the woodwork, and I now know of at least 6, 3 of which I own. If I've managed to purchase 3 with relative ease, there are surely more hiding around NZ.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Theres a build thread for that truck over at nzdatsun.com. guys username was gtref. 

Damn that was a good read, can’t quite figure it out- is the greenish truck the gtref truck now?

anyways awesome work going on here, watching with interest.

• 3 weeks later...