kws

Welder buying spam

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Weldsafe Titanium. 4 sensors, tig capable, 98x87 viewing area, replaceable batteries, all the adjustments, good headgear, cheap replacement lens covers. 

Moortool have them on special for $139. Most others will be $200 or so. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/helmets-safety-gear/auction-1870266604.htm

Nice thanks man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How dark to the lenses need to be for plasma cutting? I see most people use nothing, maby clear spyglasses at max 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/12/2018 at 18:45, tortron said:

UV protected clear is ok. Book says about shade 5 (but you don't look at the arc when cutting normally)

 

There is a lot of reflection from the plate and when you are blowing holes the arc comes out the side a bit I find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2018 at 12:08, Truenotch said:

Weldsafe Titanium. 4 sensors, tig capable, 98x87 viewing area, replaceable batteries, all the adjustments, good headgear, cheap replacement lens covers. 

Moortool have them on special for $139. Most others will be $200 or so. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/helmets-safety-gear/auction-1870266604.htm

Grabbed one of these to change from my 3M helmet (is a decent helmet, but doesn't go under shade 10 so is a bit dark for me)
Must say I'm very impressed!  

LOVE the true colour lens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2019 at 17:07, Raizer said:

Grabbed one of these to change from my 3M helmet (is a decent helmet, but doesn't go under shade 10 so is a bit dark for me)
Must say I'm very impressed!  

LOVE the true colour lens.

Might get one of these as well cheers boys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2019 at 17:07, Raizer said:

Grabbed one of these to change from my 3M helmet (is a decent helmet, but doesn't go under shade 10 so is a bit dark for me)
Must say I'm very impressed!  

LOVE the true colour lens.

Good to hear, just ordered one yesterday

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about buying an ACDC TIG for a max of $1500 if possible for a decent one. 

Does anyone know if any of the suppliers have an end of financial year sale, or is that not a thing? BOC's website has the smootharc 185 for the normal $1511 +gst so no sign of a sale there. Yet at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evan said:

Machinery House have a sale on this month

 

Their EZITIG 200 is the lowest price so far at $1650 incl gst. Weldingsupplies don't list the price now, which is weird. So I've asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ~Slideways~ said:

Thinking about buying an ACDC TIG for a max of $1500 if possible for a decent one. 

Does anyone know if any of the suppliers have an end of financial year sale, or is that not a thing? BOC's website has the smootharc 185 for the normal $1511 +gst so no sign of a sale there. Yet at least.

The manager of BOC here said they only have one decent sale a year now, think it's normally in August.
I missed out on a multi function mig/tig last year and was asking when the next sale is etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raizer said:

The manager of BOC here said they only have one decent sale a year now, think it's normally in August.
I missed out on a multi function mig/tig last year and was asking when the next sale is etc.

Good to know thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That boc smootharc 185 is a nice little unit. Have one at work and is nice and simple to use.

I bought a strada? 200amp acdc machine. Goes well and has heaps of adjustments that I hardly use. Down side is it's big and bulky. It's probably the same as machinery houses ezitig 200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now