kws

Welder buying spam

This Will be way to big for what u need but i have for sale a big 500 amp cebora

It is a beast, selling cheap as theres not much demand for a big second hand machine

images.jpeg

I see none of the welders come with gas regulators. Are they all much of a muchness? The websites for that Weldwell one call for a GR101C02, which is https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/welders/auction-1650543665.htm

Do i specifically have to buy that one? I would want a regulator that works with the Bunnings swap out bottles.

6 minutes ago, kws said:

I see none of the welders come with gas regulators. Are they all much of a muchness? The websites for that Weldwell one call for a GR101C02, which is https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/welders/auction-1650543665.htm

Do i specifically have to buy that one? I would want a regulator that works with the Bunnings swap out bottles.

Pm me i can get sharp deals on these welders,  they come complete even with wire just grab a bottle and go .

I have one a home its about as big as you can go on single phase 

XAMIG200RZSP.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a regulator in the shed, it's never been used , only fitted to the bottle

Let me know if you get one without a reg. 

It's Italian not cheap spec. There's now wiring so no need to worry about the Italian quality 

• Like 2

This is the actual machine , is currently setup for alloy.

Ill have to work out a price and sort through all the extras i have for it  , bloody typical havnt used it in nearly a year and go to sell it and now need for a job .

Will be repairing some big alloy trench sheilding

20180605_151114.jpg

• Like 4

Out of interest, does anyone use the heated regulators - with the C02 when doing large amounts of welding it freezes up ... ? Pain in the ass

Have had my co2 reg pretty cold to the touch with a bunch of condensation on the fittings but never to the point that it ices up and prevents gas flow.

Just ordered one of those Weldwells on sale from Machinaryhouse, along with a decent mask. Just waiting on shipping costs now.

Mig or tig will depend on what kind of person you are and the kind of tools you have available, and the job you're doing.

mig for lazyness and not fussy about anything and always in a hurry.
tig is for a typical fussy cnut and has tools/skill to cut everything tight and clean and has the time to make it right and time to weld it. also need a good method to grind the tungstens, and always  like to make a pretty weld.   will also put alot less heat into a peice than mig.  

weldwell or weldtech? 
this one that was advertised in their email?  https://www.machineryhouse.co.nz/W1124D?promo=JUNE18&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NZ_3_Fieldays - Mix_A005&utm_content=NZ_3_Fieldays - Mix_A005+CID_622e99d836b59d82535e4b9ec51b81dd&utm_source=EDM

cool that it comes with the tig torch as well.  is it scratch start or trigger?  also congrats on your purchase

Any of you fullas tried these?

avwd4p33.stu.jpg

Seem pretty well priced. I'd be looking at the fully adjustable Platinum on the right if any. 

Mine is getting a bit slow of the mark to auto-darken. I've heard the internal battery doesn't last forever.

Even cheaper at Saeco Wilson. Specs here: https://www.saecowilson.co.nz/product/info/WSP1604 

I had to replace my helmet last year due to a flat battery that couldn't be replaced.

the one I have now, I looked for one that has replaceable batteries

• Like 1