Welder buying spam

kws

Downloaded an Everlast instruction manual, so much more detail than BOC give.

0 is 50/50 balance, so either -30 or 30 is 70% (I'm still reading it lol)

Screenshot_2022-02-08-19-36-47-014_com.google.android_apps_docs.thumb.jpg.b2d9cf93fe553b43d7094150712c56e2.jpg

I've been aiming for balled tungsten the whole time lol

Edit: Between the Everlast instructions and the video @Transom posted I think I've got it figured it, -30 is 70% negative.

it was about 30 where the tungsten was balling and splattering away so yeah that would have been 30% negative.

• Like 1

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'm getting it figured out again

IMG_20220209_181135.jpg.a15e4cf38b7b79669ab188d8713b7995.jpgIMG_20220209_181611.jpg.ef2bfc8b0903053b3dd879f39562830b.jpg

/\ 80Hz, 70/30ish (edit 80/20, -30 on the setting, 0 is 50/50 so -30 would be 80/20) , 120a, pulse 2Hz down to 80a. Filler rod from Bunnings kept giving bright green flashes and leaving the soot marks??

IMG_20220209_182059.jpg.646605c8447bf1715b7f0bc4def47c3a.jpg
IMG_20220209_182108.jpg.19ac9835c0edc39b6760b400209e5a5c.jpg

Same amperages and balance, 120Hz.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else have an Optrel panoramaxx helmet?

I need some of the replacement front lenses. 5000.270. Mine are all burnt and stained. I might have a go polishing an old one... like plastic headlights.

Looks like they will cost about $90(incl freight) for 5 from Proline Welding supplies. I guess $18 each doesn't sound so bad... for a molded bit of plastic.

Is this pretty much how much they cost everywhere, or is there somewhere better to get them? 

WD40 didn't do much. I gave it a polish with jif. Definitely an improvement, the staining is much reduced, but it's a little hazy still. Clearer than it was before, but not like new. Still want to get some new ones.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

can anyone nudge me toward a gas bottle decision? 

i'm lost.  i've got a cigweld 185 that i've ran a handfull of welds out on some flux core wire. but i need to get a gas bottle and a reel of .6 . i've welded heavy stuff at work, 3phase brute of a machine welding 3mm up to 12mm plate and brackets etc, but am needing to learn how to weld car panel steel at home  

argoshield or co2? 

size of bottle?

buy or rent? 

where from?  i'm in chch if that makes a difference.  

thanks. joe. 

I run a D bottle on my little home mig, ezyswap argoshield 90/10.

Just had to swap for a full one last week. 170 bucks. Best thing about ezyswap is if you have a couple of years with doing f all welding the bottle doesnt cost anything extra.

Think when i bought mine it worked out to 3 years rental or thereabouts, had it for nearly 6 years now, filled 3 times but built some trailers n shit too in that time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bonus with Bunnings is if you ever run out of gas on a weekend etc they are open.

Also $118 for a D with trade card, $126 retail.

I was with BOC on the D plan ages back, but if you don't use your 2 full bottles in 12 months you've still got to pay the full year payment etc.

• Like 3

Bunnings gas wasn't a thing when I first started bird shitting on things so I have my own cylinder. Last time it needed a test it was ~$100 including a CO2 fill. Have got bits and pieces from these guys before and they sell cylinders. https://weldplus.co.nz/5kg-co2-ownership-cylinder-filled-s-n/

Mine will probably be due a test again by the time I go through the 6.8KG of gas. Good to have no rental costs though. Bunnings deal could be worth looking into as I think it was better than BOC. Plus BOC can get fucked as they sure seemed to charge a lot when there was no competition in the DIY market.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bling said:

Bunnings gas wasn't a thing when I first started bird shitting on things so I have my own cylinder. Last time it needed a test it was ~$100 including a CO2 fill. Have got bits and pieces from these guys before and they sell cylinders. https://weldplus.co.nz/5kg-co2-ownership-cylinder-filled-s-n/

Mine will probably be due a test again by the time I go through the 6.8KG of gas. Good to have no rental costs though. Bunnings deal could be worth looking into as I think it was better than BOC. Plus BOC can get fucked as they sure seemed to charge a lot when there was no competition in the DIY market.

are you on Air Liquide ownership ?