Welder buying spam

kws

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/12/2018 at 18:45, tortron said:

UV protected clear is ok. Book says about shade 5 (but you don't look at the arc when cutting normally)

There is a lot of reflection from the plate and when you are blowing holes the arc comes out the side a bit I find.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/12/2018 at 12:08, Truenotch said:

Weldsafe Titanium. 4 sensors, tig capable, 98x87 viewing area, replaceable batteries, all the adjustments, good headgear, cheap replacement lens covers. 

Moortool have them on special for $139. Most others will be $200 or so. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/helmets-safety-gear/auction-1870266604.htm

Grabbed one of these to change from my 3M helmet (is a decent helmet, but doesn't go under shade 10 so is a bit dark for me)
Must say I'm very impressed!  

LOVE the true colour lens.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2019 at 17:07, Raizer said:

Grabbed one of these to change from my 3M helmet (is a decent helmet, but doesn't go under shade 10 so is a bit dark for me)

Might get one of these as well cheers boys

On 16/01/2019 at 17:07, Raizer said:

Good to hear, just ordered one yesterday

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thinking about buying an ACDC TIG for a max of $1500 if possible for a decent one. 

Does anyone know if any of the suppliers have an end of financial year sale, or is that not a thing? BOC's website has the smootharc 185 for the normal $1511 +gst so no sign of a sale there. Yet at least.

4 hours ago, ~Slideways~ said:

Thinking about buying an ACDC TIG for a max of $1500 if possible for a decent one. 

Does anyone know if any of the suppliers have an end of financial year sale, or is that not a thing? BOC's website has the smootharc 185 for the normal $1511 +gst so no sign of a sale there. Yet at least.

The manager of BOC here said they only have one decent sale a year now, think it's normally in August.
I missed out on a multi function mig/tig last year and was asking when the next sale is etc.

That boc smootharc 185 is a nice little unit. Have one at work and is nice and simple to use.

I bought a strada? 200amp acdc machine. Goes well and has heaps of adjustments that I hardly use. Down side is it's big and bulky. It's probably the same as machinery houses ezitig 200.

On 21/03/2019 at 10:01, ~Slideways~ said:

There's one of the boc 185 on facebook for $900

On 16/12/2018 at 12:08, Truenotch said:

Weldsafe Titanium. 4 sensors, tig capable, 98x87 viewing area, replaceable batteries, all the adjustments, good headgear, cheap replacement lens covers. 

Moortool have them on special for $139. Most others will be $200 or so. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/helmets-safety-gear/auction-1870266604.htm

Have just ordered one of these also. Will update once I've given it a good work out.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Looking at getting a new welder so dragging this back up. I need a portable stick welder for repairs but would like to have a plasma cutter set up in the workshop at other times. Needs to be able to cut and weld up to 10mm steel. These two on tm look like they would do the job.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/welders/auction-2237324533.htm

https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/welders/auction-2237872314.htm

Will need this to run off normal house socket. When cutting/welding 10mm would it go for a decent amount of time without cutting out or am I asking too much? Keen to hear from anyone that has experience with them. Or alternatively I have 3 phase in the shed. Would it be better to get a decent plasma and a cheap portable welder?