Kimjon's 110cc 4 speed pit bike motorised drift trike build

Kimjon

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Mof said:

Have you thought about taking the sleeves off the rear wheels and starting a racing series? 

I like the way you're thinking. However they won't turn a corner at all without sleeves on the rear...the kart tyres grip so much that the front end just ploughs straight ahead.

With sleeves they still do about 40-50kph...and stop amaisingly well. And sideways is just a bonus:)

• Like 1

Oh I do like the way you guys think. Someone ditched the trolley not far from home...I drove past it everyday for a week, until I couldn't resist anymore. The kids love it!

I work a full week like most guys do. I'm just very lucky to have the space and tools to do things with, whenever the urge is there.

• Like 1

Just now, peteretep said:

good job with making so many of these things, but why do you keep making them? is it for mates or something? 

also, you should put the wajax motor into something else

I put it down to some kind of undiagnosed disorder. 

Oh and I've set myself a goal to make a total of 9 of these before September for a group of mates. Then we'll all get together and let loose. Equal parts alcohol to equal parts clueless enthusiasm...

Wajax would be cool. But I really like the velo-bike as it is. I still take it for a ride down the road a few kilometers and back once a month...ummm just because.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Muncie said:

Where do you keep finding axles? Do you have a wrecker they come from, building one for my son now as im keen to hoon one as well.

Trademe... that's my go to.

The naomi trike used a proper gokart axle, with the hangers welded on the original drift trikes rear tube. Axle goes through it all. This was a real tidy way of doing it.

IMG_20180421_112624.thumb.jpg.0b169571b41f84bed75a9ab7bd768023.jpg.5626be303d948a693815e7b0d0ecb484.jpg

The other way I use a lot is a kids quad bike rear axle assembly. The only negative is you have to lathe out the centre of an alternative sprocket to get a suitable gear ratio to suit whatever motor you use. The positive is they normally come with a brake rotor and if you're real lucky a caliper too.

Rear brakes are everything on these. Front brakes are almost pointless. Rear will stop you and you can initiate the skid too. 

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

I'll be using my V-twin might have to begrudgingly find a go kart axle as that engine smashes anything thats not performing including wheel's bearings and riders.

Good idea.

Surprisingly the big 50mm axles often work out cheaper as they are more common. Hence the hardware like hubs, sprocket carrier etc...all are in abundance at cheap(ish) prices.

Just found these seeing as you have near production line going for your friends and could convince them to front up something. 

Save a lot of time and work even on second hand stuff.

Will go look at one see if its up to the punishment.

Screenshot_20180614-105712_Chrome.jpg

Exhaust mounted in final position. Now I've just gotta work backwards from here and somehow connect it to the motor?

485.thumb.jpeg.e97ed22242afaabf8f0eb84db852f5dc.jpeg

I welded on a stainless steel tip to turn out 90°, this should help put the fumes out the back away from the driver.

Plates arrived (x5) so fitted it up for inspiration.

• Like 1