AIR DIESEL HEATER IN A CAR?

footey

i do alot of skiing through out the winter im just going to leave this running on low, mint as =)  have enough space between the back of the rocker cover and firewall to fit this in, will do a tech article when im installing it for all you other peps who are wanting to install one, have a design for a custom air box to re route the air up to the windscreen

• Like 2

i thought id mount it high up on the firewire, i thought about under interior wells in the back, but then wading through water sitting in water, might swamp the unit, on the fiewall up high that will be the last of my worries if the water is that high

• Like 2

When i used to do winter runs down to the south island if it rained my doors would freeze shut at the lake in tekapo. so I'd run an extension lead out and leave a fan heater on low all night while at the hotel definitely recommend. 

If you have bugger all in the way of door seals and gaps everywhere you'll want plenty of heat blowing in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so everyone is updated i have brought said heater and waiting for its arrival will do a tech thread on here once i get it and install the thing, allready buzzing with mounting ideas so far this is the plan
Mount it in this said box, chop the handles off and take the lid off, maybe depends if the lid rattles , chop holes in the bottom for piping and also chop holes in the side for ducting
33699e62-5c81-442d-8ffb-b80ffe850b4d.jpg

am then going to attach the box to the firewall with some 90 degree angle brackets, doing it this way as im not wasting time making a  box for it to sit in, the box protects it mostly, and its all off the shelf components which saves time