AIR DIESEL HEATER IN A CAR?

footey

Hi all wonder if anyone on here has any experience with these cheaper diesel heaters on trade me? i know these are from china but dont want to bring my own in tax etc 
Looking at a marine, rv german unit but they are about 2 grand a unit, looking at using it as my standalone heater in the landy
Any thoughts would be great

these are the units i am looking at, would make up a valve box to direct air to the window demisters, could also add a wireless remote which means warm vehicle before you get in it =) oh and they dont require the engine to run

SUrely its gotta be easier to just grab one of those heaters in the AliX thread, and plumb it into your cooling system? Seems pretty extreme having to have a diesel heater, when you have coolant lines just on the otherside of the firewall.

• Like 1

yeah i see the use in the engine coolant lines as a heater, but this way you can have the car not operating and be able to get it all juicy and warm good for ski trips and mid winter jaunts, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

Yeah this is relevant to my interests because old vws are shit lol

I have a Tudor "no water pump" heater set up.

It looks like a Smith's heater but it's basically just a fan that sucks hot air from near the engine. Can also use it just as a fan

Probably as shit as a VW heater duct tbh

bargin and free freight which means you dont have to pay gst when it comes into the country has a good rating aswell

notice it dose not have a muffler might buy one seperate, purchase this in a few weeks install in landy and see what happens toasty warm =)

• Like 1

You'll only care about a muffler if you want to sleep with it going. 

Thought about one for my series but then realised I won't use it enough to bother. Will fit one to my future caravan for off grid winter heatabilty. 

Dude at work has one in his camper and it's unreal how lush it is. 

• Like 1