Sign in to follow this  
Vintage Grumble

VGs Pair O Cubs

5 minutes ago, GuyWithAviators said:

Those are actually Honda 50 Magnets that @mo999 got made for his one and sent a spare set to me. Just slapped over top for now. 

I will eventually yarn to @Archetype about some real stickers that match the age of the bike. 

Ahh excellent, I might get in on that action too if you don't mind.

Ha - I was tempted to grab this myself when it came up, but I was in Raglan in a yurt with no power for the weekend and had 1% battery when Thomas linked me it. Have fun with it man!

• Like 1

Keeping black plates is cool, but as this is a c90 you won’t be able to do that, unless you register it as a c90 / motorcycle and have it complied etc etc 

good score tho, just be aware that c90 have the same bolt pattern as ct110, and China engines aren’t a straight bolt in. Nothing hard to sort tho, I have just welded tabs to the frame before you you can make / buy brackets. Just something to think about 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BLIZZO said:

Keeping black plates is cool, but as this is a c90 you won’t be able to do that, unless you register it as a c90 / motorcycle and have it complied etc etc 

good score tho, just be aware that c90 have the same bolt pattern as ct110, and China engines aren’t a straight bolt in. Nothing hard to sort tho, I have just welded tabs to the frame before you you can make / buy brackets. Just something to think about 

Yeh i'm not that boned up over keeping the plate, i'm more boned up over not paying motorbike rego. I'll attempt to acquire a new plate when i'm in town tomorrow.  

• Like 2

So I tried to register this in Kawerau, but they wanted to involve the testing station after ringing the LTSA, nopenopenope. So I tried in Whakatane, with great success! Huge thank you to all the people I harassed via PM about this. Now that I have a plate, I will get stuck in. 

I hear shores 50's are the place to go for cheap Lifans? I think i'll go for a semi-auto 125, as I like the look of the std handle bar surround/no space for a clutch lever. 

Also, I've overheard talk of a modification you can do to the front forks to stop them riding up under braking? Where would I find info on this? 

You guys are the best.

Regards, VG.   

• Like 5

On 28/08/2018 at 11:28, kicker said:

Hey @Chris.QCR
Keen to try the leading link mod you mentioned, always hated the lift under braking.
You mean just weld a spacer on here eh to fill the gap to the rubber stop.

bump.jpg

On 28/08/2018 at 12:58, Chris.QCR said:

Thats the one mate . I used a M12 nut and its perfect

awesome getting it regod, good to see theres still some places about

pretty sure raizer said shore 50 is the cheapest, think he might have run out of motors tho so maybe call and put your name on one

• Like 2

Awesome on the plate and yeah thats the mod that improves so much of that front end handling. And yeah 125 semi auto is the ticket and I feel like he has some in stock. If not he has more arriving next week. 

• Like 2

Oh sweet, so you just take away the suspensions ability to droop by filling the gap essentially? Nice.

Yeh he's out of stock ATM, due first week of Jan he said, will put my name on one.

• Like 1

That mods great tbh, did it to my FR50 and made it so much more predictable under braking. especially at higher speeds. No lift

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kicker said:

Was gonna say take your kid with you to get the plate, AA ladies can't resist :)

Ha, we actually bonded over our dislike of retarded customers, as she was having trouble with some local specimens trying to get a bike licence with no ID. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good to see the system works! She warned me I wasnt allowed to speed on my freshly registered scooter, funny lady that one. Jokes on her, its a bare frame.

I have a 125 with my name on it also for the Dax

• Like 2

Would anyone like to take the 1969 C50 cub deluxe off my hands? It's got a years rego, doesn't need wofs, and will be like sub $40 a year to rego from here on in. The motor was fucked, and has been discarded, so slap in your favorite China motor and off you go! To cover the cost of the bike + rego + plate I would like $250.

Regards, VG.

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Would anyone like to take the 1969 C50 cub deluxe off my hands? It's got a years rego, doesn't need wofs, and will be like sub $40 a year to rego from here on in. The motor was fucked, and has been discarded, so slap in your favorite China motor and off you go! To cover the cost of the bike + rego + plate I would like $250.

Regards, VG.

Hmmm...... I really shouldn't......

But I do have a good 110 semi auto here......

1 hour ago, Bellicose said:

Hmmm...... I really shouldn't......

But I do have a good 110 semi auto here......

It's already been snapped up sorry, the new owner will hopefully make something chur out of it. Back to boring modern cubs for me!