VG's grot bikes: CT200 AG & TA02 GYRO

Vintage Grumble

5 minutes ago, GuyWithAviators said:

Those are actually Honda 50 Magnets that @mo999 got made for his one and sent a spare set to me. Just slapped over top for now. 

I will eventually yarn to @Archetype about some real stickers that match the age of the bike. 

Ahh excellent, I might get in on that action too if you don't mind.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping black plates is cool, but as this is a c90 you won’t be able to do that, unless you register it as a c90 / motorcycle and have it complied etc etc 

good score tho, just be aware that c90 have the same bolt pattern as ct110, and China engines aren’t a straight bolt in. Nothing hard to sort tho, I have just welded tabs to the frame before you you can make / buy brackets. Just something to think about 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BLIZZO said:

Keeping black plates is cool, but as this is a c90 you won’t be able to do that, unless you register it as a c90 / motorcycle and have it complied etc etc 

good score tho, just be aware that c90 have the same bolt pattern as ct110, and China engines aren’t a straight bolt in. Nothing hard to sort tho, I have just welded tabs to the frame before you you can make / buy brackets. Just something to think about 

Yeh i'm not that boned up over keeping the plate, i'm more boned up over not paying motorbike rego. I'll attempt to acquire a new plate when i'm in town tomorrow.  

• Like 2

So I tried to register this in Kawerau, but they wanted to involve the testing station after ringing the LTSA, nopenopenope. So I tried in Whakatane, with great success! Huge thank you to all the people I harassed via PM about this. Now that I have a plate, I will get stuck in. 

I hear shores 50's are the place to go for cheap Lifans? I think i'll go for a semi-auto 125, as I like the look of the std handle bar surround/no space for a clutch lever. 

Also, I've overheard talk of a modification you can do to the front forks to stop them riding up under braking? Where would I find info on this? 

You guys are the best.

Regards, VG.   

• Like 5

On 28/08/2018 at 11:28, kicker said:

Hey @Chris.QCR
Keen to try the leading link mod you mentioned, always hated the lift under braking.
You mean just weld a spacer on here eh to fill the gap to the rubber stop.

bump.jpg

On 28/08/2018 at 12:58, Chris.QCR said:

Thats the one mate . I used a M12 nut and its perfect

awesome getting it regod, good to see theres still some places about

pretty sure raizer said shore 50 is the cheapest, think he might have run out of motors tho so maybe call and put your name on one

• Like 2

Would anyone like to take the 1969 C50 cub deluxe off my hands? It's got a years rego, doesn't need wofs, and will be like sub $40 a year to rego from here on in. The motor was fucked, and has been discarded, so slap in your favorite China motor and off you go! To cover the cost of the bike + rego + plate I would like $250.

Regards, VG.

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Would anyone like to take the 1969 C50 cub deluxe off my hands? It's got a years rego, doesn't need wofs, and will be like sub $40 a year to rego from here on in. The motor was fucked, and has been discarded, so slap in your favorite China motor and off you go! To cover the cost of the bike + rego + plate I would like $250.

Regards, VG.

Hmmm...... I really shouldn't......

But I do have a good 110 semi auto here......

• 2 months later...

So I got a big ass fancy ol carb from @Raizer which came complete with delicious and entertaining packaging,

EtvcjMm.jpg

tioNUk2.jpg

I set about making a stainless manifold for it, this is the first thing I have ever Tig welded, so didn't complicate things with filler. I had to mount it facing forwards for several reasons,

kSRe7iy.jpg

PtZwcAH.jpg

tm5cFSX.jpg

NWDjiqb.jpg

I then made a mount for the oil cooler, this is about the only place it would fit, didn't have to cut the leg shields, 

nj4dgsg.jpg

YF3REAb.jpg

The donor bike didn't come with any foot pegs, so I made a set. I nicked the rubbery foot bits from my velo bike, which came from an NC50 I think? I will strengthen these up in the future,

fE2Oi34.jpg

Then I set about mounting the muffler, couldn't decide to go big angle or straight out, until I realized it would be a cunt to mount it low down, 

4f0hy7L.jpg

xJnnvDs.jpg

I made a mount (which took a lot longer than you would think) to mount the muffler, it hangs down just in front of the rear shock,

ZFavd2f.jpg

Once the muffler was mostly mounted, I set about making the header, out of stainless tube (as that's what I had at work with the correct ID for the exhaust port)

TvZv7Fg.jpg

It came out pretty well, hopefully it doesn't crack/fall off too quickly. I then trimmed the leg shield to clear the motor and pipe. Bent the kick start a tiny bit to clear the muffler, 

grv5y17.jpg

Its on quite an angle, but looks OK I reckon.

o40A5UF.jpg

I then cracked open the China oil cooler to have a nose. The silicon was blocking half of the galleries, so glad I opened it. I also magic'd the green off it while it was apart, 

E68oGRk.jpg

I made some gaskets for it, but I might make some more out of thinner material, 3mm is a bit thick. I also ported the insides of this a bit to help with flow.

WgmAHtt.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd that's where I'm up to.

Reagrds, V "taken forever to do fuck all" G

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

I got me an air filter, just fits, hits the mudguard under full compression or full lock, but good enough.

2L7WPNU.jpg

Also got a stand alone throttle, might bend the bend in the cable to straighten it up a bit.

BUWvXqM.jpg

Couldn't find the banjo fittings I needed for the oil cooler, so cut up the std lines and a pair of hydraulic fittings from work. Easy flowed them together, neat.

i4kpXuy.jpg

Y2XgiWb.jpg

Fitted the oil cooler lines, fuel line and a few other bits n bobs (after stripping it to paint parts of the frame) and decided to play around with the wiring. Then realized there was no reason not to start it, so had a crack. 3 kicks and it was away.

Haven't played with the carb, but it seems to run well and is super responsive/crisp. Muffler needs some packing or something, as it's stupid loud, which is understandable as it's just a ribbed tube at the moment. 

One thing I haven't worked out, is what these wire are for. They seem to put out about 4-5 volts at idle, and come out of the CDI. I was hoping one was the AC (charge coil?) out put, but that wouldn't come from the CDI would it? I think my motor may not have a charge coil, which I'll have to remedy.

djPtnOl.jpg

Yeh wires make no sense to me, lols.

Regards, V "electronically impotent" G.

• Like 6