VG's grot bikes: CT200 AG & TA02 GYRO

Vintage Grumble

15 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

Please tell me you're only paying rego on one of these fine machines...What did you do with the EFI gear?

Yeh, will just get WOF/REG on the std one, and slap the plate on the other when I ride it. I've just kept all the EFI gear and un-needed parts from racey one, for the standard one.

• Like 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Raizer said:

Can't wait to see the 155z wheelie through Whakaz!

/Want a couple front sprockets for the factory powered one?

Have learnt the hard way they are a different spline to older shit/lifans so have a couple nice Kitaco sprockets available lol

Hmmmmmm I wonder if it could pull a bigger sprocket? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So J5 sent me a link to an old Cub, and for reasons unbeknown to myself, I purchased it. I collected it today, turns out it's a C90, and @Raizer mentioned it's a deluxe. I have no idea what year it is (would quite like to know out of interest if anyone knows how to tell?) I don't really have any plans, mebbe slap another motor in it, powder coat the wheels and leave the rest ratty? 

BnMJU6H.jpg

6qnPowB.jpg

dhmkSQD.jpg

vMpiXN2.jpg

It was last registered in 88, so would assume the plate is no longer in the system, and it's old enough not to have a VIN number, so I wonder if it could be registered as a classic scooter?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

The start and end of the frame number has rusted off, so I'll have to be quite vauge, haha.

My ST70 turned into a ST50.... vauge is good. Rego'd my DJ1 and accidentally used the engine number as a frame number. AA lady wasnt bothered

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DB8-TypeR said:

My ST70 turned into a ST50.... vauge is good. Rego'd my DJ1 and accidentally used the engine number as a frame number. AA lady wasnt bothered

Ha, strangely enough the engine number is very close to what I can see of the frame number.

35 minutes ago, Raizer said:

I got mine done with the og black plate easy enough, but you have to send a pic of the frame number from memory.

Guess I'll clean the rust up as best I can, and see what I can see. 

I guess re-registering it would be the logical first step in the project. Hopefully they don't let it go through, and then send me a letter demanding I de-register it, like they did with the GT50. Mind you, C50s should be in the NZ system as scooters.

9 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Ha, strangely enough the engine number is very close to what I can see of the frame number.

Guess I'll clean the rust up as best I can, and see what I can see. 

I guess re-registering it would be the logical first step in the project. Hopefully they don't let it go through, and then send me a letter demanding I de-register it, like they did with the GT50. Mind you, C50s should be in the NZ system as scooters.

Nice score on this. I saw the advert and was tempted but I don’t need 2. I’m just about finished building this one, same as yours; C90 Deluxe. 

With the form filled out correctly and some stickers it became a C50 Deluxe. They’re exactly the same frame after all, and I’ve repowered this with a 49cc* Lifan. 

With slightly different to stock gearing it’ll pull me up to 95kph. You’ll enjoy this project. 

B8C6FB9E-3133-469A-94E3-E4872B3C4418.thumb.jpeg.c0582d9f20942a9583d060ff91e56b4f.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1