Toyota S12W vs S12WAA calipers

Carsnz123

Going to upgrade the brakes on my 260C. Seeing @kicker used S12W calipers with success that's my first port of call. On tard there's a set off an 06 hilux but they're stamped S12waa. Is there any difference? I'll have to use adapter plates because the plan is to use 13" mustang discs so bolt pattern is not a worry. 

Edited by Carsnz123
13" discs not 11"

There are s12 and s12 + 8 Calipers. I think one is for vented, and one for solid discs.

I'm running s12 + 8s in the Z. And thats for vented discs.

Also, just FYI. If you need to rebuild them, buy willwoods. As i went the s12+8 route, and even at trade it was ~$600 to buy and fully rebuild them. $300 more and i could have had brand spanking new, lightweight willwoods. The S12 calipers are cast iron and weigh 236498236kg each.

I haven't come across the 12waa ones, main thing to be wary of I think is how far they stick out. The S12+8 (43mm + 34mm pistons) are narrower than the S12W's which are narrower than the S13W, it's not by much but I have to shave some of the outer ribs on my S12W's so they would clear my rims.

Rebuilding these calipers is spendy as Goat says, mine are working ok but ideally they need new pistons but cos I'm cheap and because not racecar I have bought some brand new repro calipers for $225 delivered instead of $213 + shipping just for the pistons.

What master cylinder are you gonna use?

An Aussie shop called Online Autoparts, just got em off TradeMe as that was the cheapest way I could find.

What are the measurements for the disc? Just a note the PCD of the stock 260C discs isn't 114.3mm but close to 103mm