Tristans 1972 Mazda B1600

Swoon. No whitewalls I reckon. Also if you haven't done it yet, replace all the gear linkage bushes if you can get them. I haven't got experience with Mazda column shifts but I had a nightmare with my Zephyr and my Kingswood until I replaced the bushes, you're forever trying to take up the play otherwise and fixing an issue with selecting one gear seems to create one with another. 

• Like 1

So coooool.

+1 on column change bushes.

All the angle changes and levers multiply any slop. I used tap washers in my fiat wagon linkages so theres always a way, but you should have more luck finding nos or repro mazda bits

• Like 2

@Seedy Al Thanks heaps man!  yeah i feel i just got really lucky with this ute. 

I used a guy from my town in levin automotion motorsport engineering,  it was $250 for the pair, its worth it to have a low car tho haha. 

nice that looks sweet, the thin whitewalls look good, were did you get your ones from? i was looking at the STA parts ones, 

Are those street fins for sale haha? 

Old fucken keen eye tristan lol.

At this point they are not but if I do sell it will be on here. 

My misses @Mourning Cupcake also has a B1600 which needs a bit of work in the rust department.  You got damn lucky to find one with a well side these days. She also got lucky lol.

As far as white walls go I was going to order some from sta as they are a damn good price.  However I got lucky and some turned up in Fielding for a good price second hand so grabbed them. Few guys I know run the sta ones and am super happy. 

There is also a guy in parmy that can put pin stripe white walls into tires.  @Bistro has had a few done so might be able to give some info on that. 

• Like 2

Bloody sweet ute. I got whitewalls cut in and painted by a guy in Palmy. I can’t remember his name and doesn’t look like I have his number haha. Might come up on here with some searching - I think I mentioned it in a few posts. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...