Scooters 1302 yellow dub

Pritty cool day. 

Wheels now fit about 98%... After some issues with wheel weight placement. 

Had a wheel alignment hell of a lot better to drive with the toe set right. 

stoked. First part of the build done. Now that type 4 engine....

8Nghle7.jpg

• Like 8

OK. Small setback today. After a battle to get the rims on i'm still running dramas. At full lock only I'm getting slight inner rim scrapping. It's still hitting on the bottom ball joint nut even though the ball joint stud is now cut flush with the bottom of the nut. It really shows these rims were never meant to be for a 1302 dub. :-(

So after a bit of a look we have the rim scraping and the nut thats causing the drama. 

SHKmvEq.jpg

JniPbDq.jpg

Off the top of my head there are a few different things I can do.

1. reduce the wheel lock with the steering stop bolts. 

XCZODhX.jpg

2. adjust the front wheel bearings. I have very slight play but I kind of don't mind them being a fraction on the loose side but. 

3. I'm still thinking about this one..... spin the ball joint nut down about 3mm... To increase the clearance between rim and nut and give me back 2 threads of ball joint that I should have hanging out the bottom of the ball joint nut. Would take it from 11 mm to 8mm thickness. (M 12 metric fine  1.5 thread pitch) 

Oil4wth.jpg

one last push to get these rims working... 90% there. The other thing is spacers or remove some material off the rims... Both are not so flash ideas.