Scooters 1302 yellow dub

Discussion thread now open. If you dere.

Before I start.

There will be some shit photos. Taken 1/2 in the dark with my old S3 sorry. 

This is also not a serious car build. This car has been my dads for 15+ years. Picked it up wedged into some gorse bushes near Cable Bay Nelson. I think he paid $750. Dads had dubs his whole life I think in 2004 he got rid of the first car he ever owned (67 bug) So suffice to say i'm not going to be without them for some years yet. 

I think about 15 years ago we rubbed it back and painted it a very loud yellow.. I am told the colour was my choice (wish I chose better) but that was a fair few moons ago I would have been early teens. 

So the first pic is likely 9 years ago... my grandad my wife and the yellow dub. & me !

uvQE2gj.jpg

tagging interested partys now. cheers guys. 

@Willdat?

@yoeddynz

@moparmuppet

• Like 6

The build all kind of came about because I wanted to jam some wheels on... 

I expect there will be no other wheels like this in NZ on the ultra crap 4x130 stud. I bought them off trade me and paid a dollar or 2 for the privilege

zCZSM15.jpg

• Like 7

It's worth a mention that most of this rust is normal on dubs. 

the correct way to really fix this is to pull the body off the pan... But a young family and hanmer in the pipe and little shed room.. Doing a 10/10 job was really not going to fly. 

If I can tie it over for 5 or 10 years then thats ideal.. 

Threw the course of this. I have ended up welding the pan to the body in a few places.. This is not great. But I really do not have the time/skills/tools to make a proper go of it. 

• Like 2

the rust really took hold behind where the running boards are bolted on.. 

Should have checked it out 15 years ago..

there were some sub standard patches that someone put on over the rust behind the front wheels... 

After that went threw the water was splashed from the road down the heater rails. 

Never had a mention made at WOF time. 

rQbAlM8.jpg