Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The smallest ones are comfortable at 15 ish. (Tbh I don't get how the three number rating system.bags have works)

They're tiny when compressed. I was looking at those Kmart tents too. The Mrs reckons they also sell really cheap exercise mats, which will made idea bed rolls. I'm too old.for sleeping on the ground. She was most unkeen for me to utilise her yoga mat for this purpose.

I will have my PLB with me, I take in on most rides just in case.

i slept on a wooden floor inside with nothing but the clothes on my back last year and was fine. I think the key is to be drunk enough. Greg had that plan locked well in last year, he just passed out on the hard wooden deck, someone was kind enough to throw a sleeping bag on him.

49E360BD-FD6A-4D36-8DA2-B897E1E5E05D.jpeg

• Like 8

Its warm as down there in November./ We will get the outside fireplace cranking this year so you can curl up infront of that after a $50 box of burbons. Smallest packable sleeping bag and one of these hipster hamocks/fly combos will keep you warm and dry while taking up minimal room

https://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/outdoor-garden-conservatory/outdoor-furniture/hammocks-swing-seats/auction-1751795365.htm

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BLIZZO said:

I will have my PLB with me, I take in on most rides just in case.

i slept on a wooden floor inside with nothing but the clothes on my back last year and was fine. I think the key is to be drunk enough. Greg had that plan locked well in last year, he just passed out on the hard wooden deck, someone was kind enough to throw a sleeping bag on him.

49E360BD-FD6A-4D36-8DA2-B897E1E5E05D.jpeg

hey man i hopped in there myself. if you look to the left of me you can see i have removed my jeans and just dropped them where they layed as well. key is not to sleep on your bag buckles up.... always buckles down.

roll with 0 fuckes and come out having an ace of a weekend.

• Like 3

Im building 2 identical bikes at the same time but only taking mine with me for East Cape but this is where im at. Stripping ready for final welding before off to Sandblasters and then Powdercoaters. Ordering last few parts over the next fortnight then im reassembling. Hopefully have a week or 2 up my sleeve before the ride for some shakedown Ks

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chris.QCR said:

Im building 2 identical bikes at the same time but only taking mine with me for East Cape but this is where im at. Stripping ready for final welding before off to Sandblasters and then Powdercoaters. Ordering last few parts over the next fortnight then im reassembling. Hopefully have a week or 2 up my sleeve before the ride for some shakedown Ks

Yeah I've been aiming to have mine together for DGR but may have to steal a work bike at this rate.

Just stripped down again to fill in some less desirable surfaces. Will do first proper mock up next week; double check it all fits (it won't). Make any changes, then pull apart, paint, done. After moving house I've got 2 weeks before DGR. Then after DGR it's attach speakers and rack and do some fat mono's (I can't really mono) down the new neighbourhood in prep for East cape. 

• Like 1

I finally finished my wiring loom last night. All the lights I have work (aliexpress hurry up cunse) horn works, and wires don't get hot when I turn the key. Seems I mastered wrangling pixies so far, although will need to check for charging etc.

Nek is fuel (carb-spin and tank plumbing) then i can kick 'er in the guts and do hunnits on the stand cause still waiting for the rear sprocket to come from the internet land.

Also remembered I need to fabricate foot pegs and probably quite a few other chobs.

DiHk26d.jpgpyl4Tyk.jpgyiN1snr.jpg

• Like 6

After already spending the time to modify CT90 pegs to fit . It felt like a mutiple orgasm when I found them for $45 all ready to bolt on . Had to modify brake pedal anyway to clear the motor as its wider. Plus the bonus is with the new ones is they are hinged so when you lean it in they dont dig into the road and try and high side you. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chris.QCR said:

Who does your powder coating? Glen who used to have the yellow rx2 owns custom light engineering just off park house road. He does really good deals for OS people.