Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

A thought popped into my head today that it would be worthwhile (given how big this fiasco is getting) for the back up vehicle to carry a first aid kit of some kind. If it's @BLIZZO work ute, assume it'll have those special bandages used when chainsaws amputate limbs/heads. But if not it'd be a worthwhile investment of some of the entry money to get a decent first aid kit/perhaps a fire extinguisher too.

A little bit of fire can be a big problem  Without one. And bleeding can be be a big problem with no first aid kit too. 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any blackwoods type health and safety place will have those little 400gm extinguishers. We make contractors tree fallers carry them on their belts in summer months. I might grab one and mount to my bike actually that’s probs not a bad idea.

most summer trail rides make people have them, just tape them to fork tubes usually. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

something like this https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/fire-gone-fire-suppressant-454g/p/215603

these 0.3ABE size ones are what we make forestry doodes carry http://www.timbersaws.co.nz/product-group/147/category/923

Those mitre 10 ones

You can get a kit with 2 smoke alarms, extinguisher, and a fire blanket for $20 too. So get that and deck your house out