Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

Depending on my workload/$$/state of mind closer to the date, I'm thinking of leaving home a day or 2 early and riding through the gorge etc beforehand then just heading back through the gorge after Opitiki on the last day rather than go all the way back to Whakatane.

/2l tank with the "40cc" engine is a bit of a limitation though hahaha

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

what is the most ridiculous thing that people have bought on one of these rides? 

Nothing really that ridiculous. Having some kind of comfort and reliability over 3 days without having a big bike is the aim. 

This was last years line up: 

2FCED4B6-4B8E-43EB-BE29-385ECC95E502.jpeg.d361e5eb985b065d20cbfd418ba014e1.jpeg

In hindsight my Chaly was way too low for certain parts of the ride and I wouldn't personally bring something that low again. 

Looking at us from a distance, people probably thought @64vauxhall taking me 2 up was ridiculous but in all honesty that bike did extremely well and had several men nut butting on it over the course of the weekend without fail. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shakotom said:

Your bikes not even low @MopedNZ.

Collarbone says otherwise tbh. 

image.png.c8f317f4efc7fba1dee28befe1dafc57.png

Okay maybe it was my footpegs. Either way. Keen for more storage than Chaly had. Don't wanna cover up my vest with a backpack so the locals can see how much of a bishhhh I am with my hello kitty patch.

The Zoomer had nothing wrong with it, (and I'm hesitant to mention speed because it seems to put a barrier up for those who haven't been) except for the fact they spent most of the ride alone. 

Leaving 20 minutes before everyone, then arriving at each stop a little after everyone else. It didn't actually hold us up one bit. The bike itself was super suited to the terrain with it's fat wheels etc. Just would have been a semi lonely ride. If it had 10-15KPH higher cruising speed it would have been right among the pack. 

1 minute ago, MopedNZ said:

The Zoomer had nothing wrong with it, (and I'm hesitant to mention speed because it seems to put a barrier up for those who haven't been) except for the fact they spent most of the ride alone. 

Leaving 20 minutes before everyone, then arriving at each stop after. It didn't actually hold us up one bit. The bike itself was super suited to the terrain with it's fat wheels etc. Just would have been a semi lonely ride. If it had 10-15KPH higher cruising speed it would have been right among the pack. 

Hear hear!

• Like 1