Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first. What a fuarkin legend @Snoozin

One night is at a bach owned by people @HighLUX knows. Prepare to camp there because all the beds (like 2.5 of them) and couches will probably be taken. Most of us will camp outside there, small tent/lean to type thing/ali express hammock. 

Other night is Gisborne. Last year some stayed at the YHA, some at a motel by the beach. Motel by the beach worked out to only $10 more per person and we had 4 people in the room on individual beds. Lovely lass at the front made certain we got our bikes safely around back and didn't even mind the rowdy things arriving late at night, though we keyed off and pushed them around the back. 

Not sure which way around it's happening but the second night will hopefully be beers and tending to 2 days of ass pain and having some sharns. Noones booked anything yet.

Fizzing at the bung every time I think about this ride!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've spoken to someone that ought to know the traffic situation on the Motu road pretty well. 

Its probably too early to know what the traffic is like as far as logging trucks go, but they seemed to reckon that there were only a couple a day coming out currently, and only on the lower section of the road.

With that in mind I think we'll wing it (with caution) and have a go at anticlockwise rotation. Will edit first post to reflect that in a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MopedNZ said:

Reverse route is ridiculously exciting!

Have a frame but no wheels. Might try get some on my trip next month.

Was gonna bring this till Andrew stole the bloody engine. 

4611401B-BF3D-460C-AF59-03DDFADFD098.jpeg

giz and I'll butcher fxr motor into it. 12k rpm 6speed trike sounds amazing

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1