Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

16 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

I want to come to this.  But you guys seem way to over the top with must do this and if you're bike breaks your a cunt etc.

I just wanna get boozed and ride scooters.  Probably not mostly in that order. 

We all want to do that also. In that order 

It’s just a pretty big ride.

But after past experiences on longer rides with shit bikes that break down holding up the whole pack and putting us behind for the day, having a support vehicle is a good idea. 

Like the guy who decided to take a sparkly FA50 out the wops with us to Kawhia... @Shakotom

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah no over the top here @Seedy Al, I think we just want everyone to be aware that it’s a pretty big mission and don’t bring a complete pile of shit. We had a pretty good system down for breakdowns by the end of it last year. No hard feelings if ya bike breaks etc, that’s a given taking shit bikes in this sort of mission, just make sure you have the basics to handle minor repairs (tubes etc) other than that we can trailer it to the lunch stop / evening stop and fix properly, we just can’t have too many delays during the day when we have big distances to cover.

but actually it’s fuckinf run just riding scooters and drinking booze, you would love the shit out of it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Or you can take a shit bike and your only problem is a fouled up spark plug stopping your bike from not starting.

or a really nice CT, that then fucks a fuel line.

or a TF125 farm bike and get a puncture on gravel when a SJ on street tyres doesn’t.

wat?

sssssh @Seedy Al just come

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yeah as long as ya got the basics and have clocked some Ks up on ya bike so know its reliability. 

On weekend on our 250km ride to hoki Erins C90 got a punture so in the carpark with 269 other bikes the QCR Lads gave me a hand and we lifter bike up and dropped the wheel and I got my trusty screwdrivers out and changed the tube there in then and fitted it back on the bike and she carried on the next 100 odd K and then the bike came back again the next day. That sorta of roadside repair is easy as

To put it into perspective, last year a gyro broke down. We all just waited on the side of the road in spread out groups for it to get sorted. 

The support vehicle ended up taking it back to the start point, which was over an hour away and then came back with the spare bike and eventually caught up. By the time was all said and done we ended up at the first stop at night, instead of early arvo which meant we had to postpone the lighthouse till the next morning. We then arrived way later in gisborne the next day which meant we missed the small galavant @Raizer had planned. 

We learnt heaps, like if the repair will take a while or can’t be done there just chuck it on the trailer and nutts to butts till you get a chance to fix it. 

I guarantee some/my/a bike(s) will fuck out this year. This is just ensuring that’s to a minimum. 

Come hang @Seedy Al

• Like 2

So bit of a bike noob here. Got a old BSA C10 in a million bits that needs to go back together. 110cc only does 80kph tops. Probably perfect for keeping up. It'll be sweet on the road sections but if I put some ok tyres on it will I go ok on the gravel or is hard tail with spring seat going to own me. I've never ridden it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dude. This is os, not moped nz. We talk about it here a lot. 

Screenshot_20180527-122159_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6301a2c854248f63ac05c1a22b38dbba.jpg

I here @sentra has acquired a scooter and @Raizer has offloaded heaps of go fast parts to him already.

Still wondering what engine size to go on the fr, just go for 110 or just go all out since Beth has said he would rather the gyro. 

@Zeubin have you seen this east cape thread yet? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 64vauxhall said:

Dude. This is os, not moped nz. We talk about it here a lot. 

Screenshot_20180527-122159_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6301a2c854248f63ac05c1a22b38dbba.jpg

I here @sentra has acquired a scooter and @Raizer has offloaded heaps of go fast parts to him already.

Still wondering what engine size to go on the fr, just go for 110 or just go all out since Beth has said he would rather the gyro. 

@Zeubin have you seen this east cape thread yet? 

Go all out, Get a 190 mate

itll fit!

puhuhuhuhu :D

• Like 2

Anyway. One of the FOAMOS prospects has either of the two bikes below for the ride, he was keen last year but other things happened. Ones a 125, ones a 150. 

Dudes importing the second one from family in the Philippines and as long as the shipping lines up it could be here in time. 

True pinoy ricer bikes. 

Will keep ya updated. 

F3EF553C-1F23-4F65-9AA2-3CB8AF84AE43.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1