Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing anyone has booked is a room is gisborne. I don’t even have a bike started. 

People have been booking Waikanae Beach motel in Gisborne for Friday 9 November. But people can stay anywhere they want. Gisborne isn’t huge.

*** if you’re gonna stay at Waikanae beach here is deets:

Waikanae Beach Motel. I used booking.com - They have a direct website though also. 

Biggest thing is to ask for a ground floor unit, as they have a ranch slide door out back which is where we keep the bikes. But we can all keep them outside one unit if they don't have any ground ones left. Usually 3 ish to a room. Some rooms take 4. 

Date: Friday 9 November (check in friday, leave saturday)

Direct site:
http://www.waikanaebeachmotel.co.nz/

Booking.com:
https://booki.ng/2KJZv9H

Phone number is: 06-868 4139

Saturday night - 10 November is at a Bach in almost the middle of nowhere. So prepare to sleep outside (small warehouse $15 tent etc) or there is a Holiday Park thing over the hill in Te Araroa - it’s the only accommodation in the town and the ride from the Bach is like 10-25 minutes. Can’t remember exactly. 

Dassss it so far. No entry form or anything as such. Just confirmed dates and direction.

Novemeber 9-11. Gisborne first night, Hicks Bay/Te Araroa night 2. Back to the start (Close to Whakatane) on Sunday arvo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys got it bad. 

My mrs is totally cool with me building a new bike for this event despite having 3 others capable of riding it.

Thrashed mine for the first time down a local river bank and performed well on old bald tyres on the gravel and dirt so will be mint once ive fitted new tyres and rebuilt forks

• Like 1

Sorry guys I have to drop the ball on running support ute. Leave request came back denied today as I have a couple of days booked in October already. Pretty bummed, I really wanted to explore that part of the country :( 

• Sad 7

28 minutes ago, Snoozin said:

Sorry guys I have to drop the ball on running support ute. Leave request came back denied today as I have a couple of days booked in October already. Pretty bummed, I really wanted to explore that part of the country :( 

Can we call your work and complain? 

Sucks man!