Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

Yea now I’m in same island as this I am deffs gonna make it to wherever the ride is. I think the only person I know of who’s been thru waikaremoana is p8vete so would be a good part of the country to explore. Jugs of Waikato at murupara tav and perhaps a social geography lesson at Kaingaroa Village would also be interesting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah gonna have a get together tomorrow night and talk turkey about how doable a different route is. Is hard to try avoid too many main roads for the 50cc boyz, and have a ride start and finish somewhere without too much doubling up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, My name is Russell said:

You fullas should do a different route / adventure. Taranaki hardcore loop. Or rainbow / molesworth loop. Or 90 mile beach / Cape Reinga loop. Or Coromandal loop. Or Napier. / Hastings loop 

Stuff like that 

There are groups doing things like that more and more often but they don't get called Eastcape because they aren't on the Eastcape. Usually smaller groups too. The boys did Whangamomomomomoomona and 42 traverse over a weekend recently which looked insane. Even encountered a meth'd out Terrano owner who'd been stuck for a couple of days. 

Lots more people keen on this kind of riding which is epic.

I like the idea of a ride which is accessible for a massive group of people on slow and semi slow bikes. The charm of starting at a persons place we know and finishing there means a tonne of logistics that are usually annoying at the start and end of a long ride are taken care of. Keen as to see other parts and do other things anywhere and everywhere. Excited to see what happens this year. 

11 hours ago, My name is Russell said:

You fullas should do a different route / adventure. Taranaki hardcore loop. Or rainbow / molesworth loop. Or 90 mile beach / Cape Reinga loop. Or Coromandal loop. Or Napier. / Hastings loop 

Stuff like that 

Keen for all of these

need to make adventure bike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ned said:

im kinda keen to go, but my scoot tops out at 60 and i dont wanna be the slow guy at the back of the pack 

1 hour ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Yeh, back of the pack Dan/Ruckus guy

i thought/found it worked well if you are stuffing around looking at stuff and saw him go past then it meant time to go, he just didnt get to have any/many stops to look about

3 hours ago, MopedNZ said:

I like the idea of a ride which is accessible for a massive group of people on slow and semi slow bikes. The charm of starting at a persons place we know and finishing there means a tonne of logistics that are usually annoying at the start and end of a long ride are taken care of. Keen as to see other parts and do other things anywhere and everywhere. Excited to see what happens this year. 

^^^this exactly 

I'm defo gonna up my horsepower for this year's ride.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ned said:

with 10-5 riding it maybe... with me i can get 65 out of it on a flat road with no wind or a tail wind... but i sit at 60, or just over most the time

I still think you should be able to hit 70 at least. They go fairly well. 

Might need to inspect the belt and variator? And maybe clean out the carb and exhaust.

• Like 1