Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

2 minutes ago, Chris.QCR said:

As much as I enjoyed this last year and the relaxed style of the weekend and the fine folk to ride with ill be passing on attending again. Have got a stack of other roads id like to ride which means no riding the same road twice. Im sure there will be other loud bikes to make up the lack of QCR. Will still watch out for photos of the wild times

Plus it's a loooooooong ass way. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to do Whakatane to Waikaremoana, camp the night there, then to Gisborne for a night, then back to Whakatane via Motu. Would have to be a bit more self sufficient with food/gas/camping gear and so on, and its a lot of gravel, but would be a good ride I reckon.

I can't speak for the local lads, but I get the feeling there wasn't much excitement to do the cape again, but I could be wrong.   

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

I would like to do Whakatane to Waikaremoana, camp the night there, then to Gisborne for a night, then back to Whakatane via Motu. Would have to be a bit more self sufficient with food/gas/camping gear and so on, and its a lot of gravel, but would be a good ride I reckon.

I can't speak for the local lads, but I get the feeling there wasn't much excitement to do the cape again, but I could be wrong.   

Giz map. 

Probably going to do coromandel sometime this year too. Family Bach is up there and is a wicked place to start. 

Wont be a massive big event but just sharing as this event gave me the pine for it. 

Probably 2 days. Might head right up the top and camp, might not. No clue just yet. 

F00BC47C-E15B-43FC-A8DE-9E06F272F4AD.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Keen.

The Waikermoana road through Murupara is a good'n  - pretty sure @V8Pete took the mondeo through there at some stage too.

It's a great part of the country that many people will never see.

There is a good campsite called Kaitawa. Has a pub onsite. Lake Wakamarino has a choice old powerstation from memory - (Tuai) The roads out the other side are very scenic with nice sweeping corners etc. 

Totally need much more self-sufficient through there - much quieter than East Cape which is saying something in itself..

Still Keen.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Tumeke said:

Keen.

The Waikermoana road through Murupara is a good'n  - pretty sure @V8Pete took the mondeo through there at some stage too.

It's a great part of the country that many people will never see.

There is a good campsite called Kaitawa. Has a pub onsite. Lake Wakamarino has a choice old powerstation from memory - (Tuai) The roads out the other side are very scenic with nice sweeping corners etc. 

Totally need much more self-sufficient through there - much quieter than East Cape which is saying something in itself..

Still Keen.

I went in and out the Wairoa side. There were a few hairy bits near Waikaremoana itself but luckily they graded it first thing the next morning.

Went in and out the Murupara side in a daily driver about 12 years ago. It seemed like forever but maybe because I'd started in Auckland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

plane on going to the cape on the scooter this year. so may see how funds play ball with riding scooter and driving kombi around. might even just come as support this year in the kombi and hook a trailer up.

either way sign me up and ill deal with it when i get there

• Like 2

I'm max keen for max posting.

I'm fairly sure some other wounders from the 03 might be k33n too.  I don't really mind where we go so long as I can get one hot meal, and a cold beer per day. (A hot shower is nice too, but not compulsory)

• Like 2