Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Thphantum said:

I am however, reluctant to pass on the support crew badge, I may need to mentor potential future crew members.

You and Max were like guardian angels. I couldn't imagine this trip without Gordon Ramsey''s pop up bbq kitchen in tow. 

(Although maybe next year we warn matawai or that other spot we paused to chuck a.few extra maggot packs in the warmer, and thaw out an extra pack of ham for the toasties Auntie)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peteretep said:

@RUNAMUCK I have since taken your advice into account, and my ears say thanks, especially now I have heavier clutch springs and only start moving at 6500rpm

Where do you buy 6k springs from?

2k is the heaviest ones I can find for Ronnie. (Still enough to put smokey Sue to the sword though ) a mate drilled holes in his (aftermarket) clutch shoes and gained extra hi stall by virtue of less weight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the thread dredge 

but, I don't typically read the upper.north island forum of OS. (It.was a fluke i learned about this event  this time around tbh)

SO I'd like to ask a favour. Could.one of you  fine chaps tag me if there's a thread for this run next year please.

ta.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

@Shakotom let me know today it's been 365 days since we started the sharn for last years cape run. 

Here's me sticking my foot in it like usual. I plan to ride wide wheel Chaly around the cape if it's reliable and if the run happens. Was going max slam spec Japanese style but decided it's pointless to have a bike I can only ride in the city; so have added slightly aggressive tyres to it which tbh does very little to make it off road worthy.

INB4 change the route bleh bleh bleh. There are a tonne of people that aren't necessarily on OS that are keen after the last 2 years of videos to tackle it if @johnnyfive can be fucked putting up with a bunch of pests again. 

@Geophy and a few others are doing other adventure rides around the place on small bikes this year too which has been super cool to watch. 

I personally plan on heading off for a wee run around raglan/kawhia for a group ride as winter starts to dissipate which could be a cool prep run for some people. (aka @64valiant's standard weekend ride)

Also Aaron Card from QCR may be doing a big weekend long event for small bikes in the South Island later in the year which I'm keen to try tackle if it happens.

If none of the above happens I'll probably just go for a wicked nang over the Motu and back by myself. 

Either way, I'm Callum this is my shit yarn.

60480267_440858536677334_716212519894515712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeEEDqYcllBZw7t2U5e22QxRVxYQCjuoIoARRIh-EyIyiWg2Jwzq7jkbJdCxa3soeITKzRC-buqnoQjxvI2CXp5sG17iE5I7WooGaKPPTI7Xbg&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl5-1.fna&oh=5032fa998a1ae5ef363314dafe859791&oe=5D70C4E7

• Like 3

As much as I enjoyed this last year and the relaxed style of the weekend and the fine folk to ride with ill be passing on attending again. Have got a stack of other roads id like to ride which means no riding the same road twice. Im sure there will be other loud bikes to make up the lack of QCR. Will still watch out for photos of the wild times

• Like 2