Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

500km of Shakedown riding in the last 3 days has been great success. Nothing has rattled loose and everything is working as it should. Picking up my new seat on Wednesday then got the Smash Palace Bike show on Saturday then loading up on Sunday. Aiming to ride 50-60 km a day between now and Sunday.  Massive shout out to @BLIZZO for the carb of my dreams  ! Such smooth power delivery now. Bring on the Cape guys !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just took my weapon for a gentle speed run. 88Kph before I caught up to the car in front of me. Should be 90+ tucked and happy to sit on 80 all day on the flat.

Tank fuel cap leaks a bit sadly. Will have to repaint this tank after Eastcape with a better clear. 

@GuyWithAviators and I still have a decent amount of fettling to go. Probably gotta work on the bikes a bit more too. 

8FED61DE-1F7B-42DE-A5C5-C74929651219.jpeg

• Like 6

rode 100km today, used 5L of gas, many things rattled loose, but now should be more secure. And after riding 20km without a muffler, I can confirm its really loud and not advisable, people on the sidewalk were blocking their ears. Got up to 97kph on a big downhill, but can cruise along at 60-70kph all good on the flat. I think I get some weird issues in my transmission when it gets hot, so I have put a breather hole in the housing, and put the heavier rollers in so it doesnt have such great acceleration but doesnt load up the trans so much. 

I dont think I need spare gas at this point, so bag will just be lots of tools, undies, socks, wet weather gear and a couple other nick nacks, no problem for a few days on my back

• Like 5

Yeah it crusies nicely in top gear up gentle hills and pulls past the CVT scooters up steeper hills no problems. Top speed was downhill yesterday at 90something. The top end is getting a bit long in the tooth so I haven't pushed for Vmax on the flat. Yesterday was only the second time ever for me riding a bike with a clutch/gearbox.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peteretep said:

1.6L/100 seams unreasonable

Sure does. That's like 177 mpg. I used to get 115 mpg (2.5ish l/100 km) out of a CG125 and thought that was pretty good.

I'd love to be able to participate in events like this. Have to get my fun by reading the stories of others' exploits unfortunately.