Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

1 minute ago, 64valiant said:

sat night we are at hicks bay if im correct? 2nd night the 11th which will probably be rsa dinner and catch up with the local?

fri night is in gizzy and we prob heading to smash palace i think people were saying.

@Raizer took us up titirangi domain last year which was rad to hoon around been his stomping ground

JINX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Possibly a succulent Chinese meal, and then group ride around the bad streets of Gizzy, led by the scooter Don on Friday night.

Sat night could be Beach racing? Last year we hit the local razza, but doubt it could handle 40 of us showing up?

I was gonna have a meating with camp leader and set a loose plan for afternoon activities.

keen to go back to the rsa tbh. i recon we could put some good money into there economy.

even if they wanted to just sort a catered meal for a number and just all pay a certain amount.  

• Like 2

Fish n chip shop will be open in Hicks Bay when we get there a bit earlier this year. Theres 4 local dining options in the area

Auntie and the crew at the razza 

Fish n chip shop for a Whetumaterau burger 

Hunting and Fishing club

Resturant at the Hicks Bay Motel

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

Fish n chip shop will be open in Hicks Bay when we get there a bit earlier this year. Theres 4 local dining options in the area

Auntie and the crew at the razza 

Fish n chip shop for a Whetumaterau burger 

Hunting and Fishing club

Resturant at the Hicks Bay Motel

Do you reckon we would be better to head to one place, or try and disperse? 

One place might be easier?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighLUX said:

40 people in any one of those places is gunna push their ability to get us all served. Id say split up and spread our out of town $$$$ all over the place

Problem is how do we get everyone to spread out? We might get 97% of people wanting to go to one place, haha.

We could get the razza to fry up a pile of goods for a set amount of people, and eat outside/on the beach/in the skate park if needs be? I'm just not sure how they feel about drinking outside? I doubt there a booze ban there. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t get too worried and just go with first in first served tbh. Ring the local establishments a week or so out for a heads up that 40 odd hungry bikers are coming their way. Depending on the time we get there i plan on feeding myself some grease then stock up on a slab of brian lownes then head to the bach for some aggressive relaxation 

• Like 3

pretty sure the rsa would do a mega brain at 40 peeps, there wasnt even that many chairs. maybe ask them if we give them $400 bucks can they put on a marae spec feed of blood and guts for 40 people they might be able to organise it. im just gunna go with the flow, id say we will disperse pretty well when we get to hicks, but yea a phone call to tell the razza a few jims will be turning up wont be a bad idea

• Like 2

Remember this is an event and it has organisers, whom are organising the event in the back ground and doing a damn fine job. 

Not trying to tell grown men how to suck eggs. 

But last year we had no clue what was happening till each day arrived and it was fine. 

Personally when I make events, people trying to decide what happens for me is up there on the top of the ‘frustrating’ list. 

@johnnyfive is a ledgeund for opening up this idea him and @Vintage Grumble had to the world and making it what it is. 

Nothing wrong with getting excited and discussing things, as that’s what this whole thread is for. 

But if anyone has any direct concerns about stuff maybe just message J5 or one of the dudes that went last year to clarify that point. 

Bring ya bikes, bring ya good attitude, and remember that’s despite one of us riding off the road and into the drain and another riding straight off a cliff, we all survived.

Im keen as fuck to see more deets on what people are riding and such. I’m probably taking a day off soon to get the bulk of this thing ready

Anyone got any shake down rides planned? 

• Like 1