Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My ute is only single cab with bucket seats but does have a full size flat deck, also have choice of covered in single axle trailer or single axle cage trailer. Not much space for extra bums on seats but could be handy as tool/gear/food carrier in a tail end charlie type role to take care of any on-road issues

31 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

Bunnings has green ammo tins 2 for $25 if you want something not a swappa crate for tools etc

Pics?

I have an old.ammo.case that's a good size for.a "travel tool.kit".

I don't have any tire levers though. I'm hoping with brand new tyres I shouldn't have any issues in that dept though. 

I was thinking about a beer crates propensity to explode too. If I could guarantee it wasn't going to rain I'd be laughing. Under seat storage ftw.

Support car is last. Aka: follows the whole pack. Otherwise if someone cooks their bike etc; it won’t be much use if it’s in front. 

Does your bike work? 

Have you ridden it a few hundred km before east cape? 

Answer yes to both? Then you have nothing to worry about nothing except your beer choice. 

For people worrying, if anyone is. 

Remember not to worry if you can’t change it.

Support car? It’ll be there. Don’t worry. 

Roads? They'll be there, don’t worry. 

We only had 2 months notice for the last Eastcape. 

Anyone second guessing themselves; I highly recommend reading the 2017 Eastcape thread from start to finish. 

Might take an hour or so; but I did it the other night and it answered every question I had. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

A bloke I know reckons drilling holes in the clutch shoes (not through the linings obviously) makes them lighter and raises the stall speed

Yeah, but weakening the shoe in the wrong spot and having it explode at 6000rpm really sucks, can imagine it'd suck worse after shipping the scooter half way up the country too.

16 minutes ago, 64vauxhall said:

Even after doing kms on your scooter things can still go wrong like Raizer on the waikato ride on his scooter. 

But let's hope that won't happen and we have a great trip.

How many bikes able to two up? 

youll be right mate, vespa isnt gunna be rung out like gyro was.

Just make sure you bring some of this so ya dont lose ya nuts

Loctite 243 Threadlocker

• Like 1