Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Thphantum said:

So how many bikes are going this year? 

Won't really know till a couple weeks before probably. Providing people actually get a decent 100km or so at least on their bikes beforehand to niggle out the wiggly bits (especially the 2T crew) then it should be okay with one. 

What date are you back from the states?

re: sandblasting (sorry started replying and actually had to do some work so now way off topic)

Take it somewhere good for Sandblasting like Chris did. My personal sandblasting stuff wouldn't cut the mustard   - way too weak / slow / shit.

All my chrome came off mine too, they managed to do inside the frame etc and it was a pretty quick process.

Advice is to get some primer on it pretty quick though so it doesn't surface rust - or powdercoat etc.

It's a tough one, we could be looking at 25+ bikes this year, and only vehicle room for 2-3 people (not counting bike doubling) but two cars might just add to the complication? One car with big ass trailer might be best option? Hopefully worse case scenario, there are more broken bikes than broken people who can't double.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MopedNZ said:

Won't really know till a couple weeks before probably. Providing people actually get a decent 100km or so at least on their bikes beforehand to niggle out the wiggly bits (especially the 2T crew) then it should be okay with one. 

What date are you back from the states?

I will be back in time for this, Was telling the boss all about it and he practically insisted that I go. I will catch up with you in the next few days and discuss. Would prob be ute and trailer if needed. Can carry gas,food,luggage etc and maybe throw in a bbq for grazing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 64vauxhall said:

whos got like a 7 seater van super custom, front wheel drive fiat 10 seater, ford transit or a Honda oddasy that will tow a trailer?

max seats 

@MaxPower has a covered box trailer and ute as per a few pages back I believe. 

4-5 seats in the ute; tray can take at least 15-16 people - not sure how many bikes/bottles of beer the trailer fits. 

Image result for lots of people in pickup

yea i read that. plus his plus one for the roady be 3 seats like last year.

But as others have stated double the numbers so just voicing it and putting it out there.

Yea hopefully nothing breaks down/crash and the rest but if anyone had a larger van with more seats it would be better, would rather cater for more and not use the space than if some one did have a bigger vehicle we could have used it and we didn't ask and did need it ordeal.

better to be safe than sorry.

2 minutes ago, 64vauxhall said:

also swapa crates are not that structural for hanging bags off guys. buyer be aware. 

for most people they will be fine, but for going full hunoos passing every other bike racing down the motu there is a high chance that the extreme velocity combined with fat cunt on the seat and limited suspension travel will cause said swappa crate to explode

• Like 1