Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

4 hours ago, MopedNZ said:

This is said horse. During the daytime the local kids use it to go to the skatepark and tell pasty white boys to 'do a jump eh bei' on their scooters.

Sir @64vauxhall riding the backup bike in there too. 

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, motorcycle, outdoor and nature

Ow. Can youz do a wheelie. 

Fuck yeah the vitty can do a hunits wheel stand for the kids on the horses. 

By far my best stop of east cape. So much character. Wanted to stay longer. 

Locals absalutly lovely. The got a photo of me and @GuyWithAviators for there face book page two up in the scooter.

Also the 1st place I pretty much heard te reo spoken fluent and very little English. Was a special moment for me. 

• Like 7

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, MopedNZ said:

Sooooo these exist.

Who needs a tent. 

A14AAE99-7565-44EF-8587-560762BB5129.jpeg

This is a lol. If you use your bag as a pillow like myself last year on the deck after drinking my most expensive bourbon ever and passing out. Make sure you don't sleep on your buckles on your bag. Very uncomfortable. 

• Like 5

Bike build has begun, however still 50/50 on attendence. Am re roofing my house in November so if its a fine weekend will possibly be doing that.

Also re: local food. Be prepared to feel as though the locals arnt really bothered if you are there or not. Often get the impression that even though you are giving them money they would almost prefer to be left alone with no business

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 64vauxhall said:

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

almost want to buy a vity again just for this trip. 

been watching last years videos

Two up vity riverbed hoons trying to find my wallet was probably one of my favourite things of that weekend haha. Just 0 fucks given jumps over the rocks 

• Like 1

Just now, 64vauxhall said:

Just looking at the footage we where able to get two up is amazing. @MopedNZs video wouldn't be the same with out the vity.

One thing I wont forget to do when buying a vity. Is to cut its stand off. Those things are dangerous and will make you almost hiside in seconds. 

Fuck yeah you're right. Almost considering trailer-ing the bike for a day just to get some epic footage. Also +1 to side stand. Never had such an emotional moment with another man before. Glad it was you of all people @64vauxhall

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I just spent a couple hours doing the front rocker arm mod on the old leading linke suspension and some rust repairs on QCR Aarons wild C100. Super skinny and slammed out will be his ride for EastCape. We were both yarning hard about the good times we gonna have

No not like Brendans one at all. This involves welding a m12 nut to the underside of flat on the arm that hits the rubber bumpstop when you use the front brake. It preloads it so that its already sitting on the bumpstop and you dont get that lift when you slam the front brakes one. Hogan is the one that came up with it and we have done it to most the girls Cubs we have built

• Like 3

@Chris.QCR check these out. The fork arms from Draft in Thailand. 

Advertised 30mm front end drop. These are up against my c200 fork arms which are from ‘63. No idea how different they are to cub ones. 

I put one below and one above for comparison. But sitting in the same place as they would be mounted there is a 25mm difference from centre of axle hole to axle hole. 

The weight of the bike combined with the shorter rear of the arm, meaning a different bumpstop position; should give it over 30mm drop. 

Interesting enough. Pretty simple but awesome concept. 

10C196F1-19A8-43A1-B5B4-22E88A517D13.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 64vauxhall said:

I see my worker @Kass has signed up to oldschool.co.nz

This is the one that should be available for him. Pretty fitting really as that’s him on the right side of the photo watching it do skids at Ham ride. 

No luggage racks sadly but it should be perfect for the weekend otherwise. 

E00EFFF9-114F-469A-953A-9D449248C482.jpeg

• Like 1