Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance Dela Cruz, aka; Julio on Moped NZ FB page, or the little Filipino dude with the rowdy underbone bikes is in. He's a FOAMERS prospect. Good rider.

Edit: Andrew Swinton aka; Raglan mate is in for sure. 

Thats 2 so far. Will update this with more non OS ers if they reply. 

Will update about other non OS-ers shortly, but there isn't too many I've talked too. Less than I can count on one hand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, johnnyfive said:

I need to do some minor things (WOF), but I plan to have 2 (super underwhelming) CTs sorted out by ride day if anyone finds themselves short a bike. Pretty sure no one has claimed the spare one yet.

What's top speed on the spare CT J-5?

I'm pretty keen to roll Ronnie for this trip. Buy simple economics  mean not lugging it up there works out cheaper. 

I've got a decent price to get him sent up. 

• Like 2

Yeah its geared to nang@85, but only has the power to pull 80. Essentially a bog standy postie bike with ~60,000km. Pre-loosened up and ready to nang WOT downhill for minutes at a time. 

Technically you ought to have a bike licence to ride one, but don't think anyone is going to be checking such specifics. I'll do my best to get it a WOF and possibly even 30days rego. 

If no one needs it I'll likely throw it on a trailer as a spare bike on the day. That Vity thing sure was convenient last year I think we can all agree. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Im 50/50 on them. Every QCR ride we have had a support vehicle we have 2 or 3  breakdowns out of a dozen bikes and when there is no support vehicle we have no breakdowns . Be good backup on these foreign roads for sure tho. Plan on hauling all my shit tho