Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

3 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

To me, the biggest waste of time last year, was the food places in Rua and what ever that trike lady town was called. I wonder if support vehicle/persons would be keen to go ahead and BBQ/carry pre purchased food. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I ended up cancelling my food at trike lady town because almost 2 hours had passed and I was holding everyone up. Packed lunch first day maybe. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or other thing would be if we’ve figured out approximately where we are planning to be dining / numbers give the ladies at the places a call a week before or so and give a heads up that there’s gonna be a bunch of sweaty dudes in town so they’re ready for us and maybe have extra staff on.

i think we took those places by shock last year 

• Like 2

I like the idea of reverse running but not the idea of meeting one of them mad dog loggers coming out of the Motu road with a load of sticks on. 

The influx of hungry hungover cunts wanting grease is always going to be a problem for hospo that runs on coast time. Especially when a lunch rush isnt expected because it never happens. Heads up that we are coming would probably be forgotten too because the coast. Early get away on the first day is key I reckon regardless of which direction the route heads, that gives plenty of time for either a succulent chinese meal(washed down with a PG) or $20 for a platter of grease from auntie and the crew at the razza.

Lunch at the Toko pub would work either direction and they should be reasonably efficient at getting food out/plus beer to drink while you wait. Carry a backpack of beef jerky and beer then supplement that with mince and cheese pies from the 4 square inbetween

• Like 4

Blood and guts jim! 

If we take my Ute as support vehicle we will have bush radio to tell the mad dog loggers to fuck off. If not I can bring a portable / we won’t be going fast enough to cause trouble anyway. 

• Like 2

Longish wait for food isn't the end of world at a few stops, just got to order the quick microwave maggotsack pie to help speed things up a bit. (Edit:no fancy coffees)

That and get away early enough that we've got time up our sleeves

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just my input in food concerns when in small towns. Go to hunting fishing kind of stores in advance of trip get decent packet hunting food you just add hot water and get a fairly good meal put of them plus they don' take up any space in back pack. Did it all across California when at national parks was legit. 

• Like 1

Does that dehydrated stuff actually taste like food nowadays? I remember dried mashed potato being a bit shit way back when.

Spamming the thread a bit. Jealous of the fun you're all going to have. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about last year's escapade.

I will was originally planning on building this for max slam daily life this year over winter. 

I guess tall shocks and knobblies would be just as cool. 

Welp, I guess I found my East Cape bike. Anyone got a 190 laying around? 

2A408A34-DD87-4129-8ADB-D78CE6E38687.jpeg

Edit: Those that came last year will know how useful this huuuuugggeee tank will be!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 73crownwagon said:

Just my input in food concerns when in small towns. Go to hunting fishing kind of stores in advance of trip get decent packet hunting food you just add hot water and get a fairly good meal put of them plus they don' take up any space in back pack. Did it all across California when at national parks was legit. 

Yeah bro I dont this on our last Mt White ride up in the alps 300km trip. Carried 4 little pouches similar to H & F ones but from supermarket and ate some gourmet shit while others were burnin sizzlers

• Like 2