Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was amazing other than struggling to keep up with the pack on the flats and being skittish on gravel because the wheels are so small. The riding position of a scooter isnt that comfortable to do 600kms but id hop on smokey sue again if need be

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

It was amazing other than struggling to keep up with the pack on the flats and being skittish on gravel because the wheels are so small. The riding position of a scooter isnt that comfortable to do 600kms but id hop on smokey sue again if need be

Enjoyed watching you grade the gravel on the Motu road. How many holes in the exhaust header now? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm probably gonna book the same place as last time for our Gisborne stop. The ol' lass at the front desk was a legend and loved the bikes. 

Secretly may have enjoyed sharing a unit with @Shakotom, @GuyWithAviators and @BLIZZO a little too much also. 

It was Waikanae Beach Motel. Bikes were safe as houses there. The Zoomer dude and the GN125/250 crew also stayed there. Bikes were kept out back behind our units out of view from the road. Keen for Chinese food again at that epic place with the Chi-Kiwi accented owner and his family and the local glass BBQ enthusiast that hung around outside. 

Will wait till @johnnyfive confirms route direction though or I may be riding by myself. 

Look at this eager beaver planning 6 months ahead. Moving house and got NZ Motorbike show in the same month. Gonna be busy. 

45 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

Not sure. Has smokey sue lived again since the ride @Vintage Grumble?

Yeh mate, she did a lot of paddock racing new years day, but ain't ridden her much since. Will snap you the smokey start up vid when I next try start her. Sadly I'm gonna put her up for sale, just don't use her enough with the NBC around.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about this here ride.

• Like 2

ill put my leave in with the missus now. Will probs bring ST90 if the build proves reliable on rides leading up to it. if not i have XR250 as backup but i feel thats cheating. @Dolan has a CT110 now and i reckon he would piss cheese at this ride so will try egg him on. keen for same gizzy accomodation, keen to not sleep on wooden floor at hicks bay, might bring a bed roll this time. ill be driving my work ute (new ranger) up, ill check our insurance policy but if its insured for randoms im more than happy for someone sensible to drive that as the support vehicle. has canopy so means we can throw gear / bedding / booze etc in it rather than load the bikes up too much. seig fuck

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

ill put my leave in with the missus now. Will probs bring ST90 if the build proves reliable on rides leading up to it. if not i have XR250 as backup but i feel thats cheating. @Dolan has a CT110 now and i reckon he would piss cheese at this ride so will try egg him on. keen for same gizzy accomodation, keen to not sleep on wooden floor at hicks bay, might bring a bed roll this time. ill be driving my work ute (new ranger) up, ill check our insurance policy but if its insured for randoms im more than happy for someone sensible to drive that as the support vehicle. has canopy so means we can throw gear / bedding / booze etc in it rather than load the bikes up too much. seig fuck

Keen for more of pennypincherssc to attend. All the moped gangs. Gangbeefs

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

ill be driving my work ute (new ranger) up, ill check our insurance policy but if its insured for randoms im more than happy for someone sensible to drive that as the support vehicle. 

My old man is happy to be support vehicle driver if needed. Have a pretty big trailer too. Will probably put bikes on it to get out there regardless, so it'll be an option. 

He's been into bikes forever but they took a back seat while he built up his business. In the last 12 months he's got 4 old Jawas and a 2T Kawasaki Samurai. He understands it's slow going and stopping and waiting and basically being tail end charlie at 10kph for 3 days. So if no one else is keen then lemme know.