AMR300 and AMR500 talk

~Slideways~

I've recently discovered these, I've stuffed around with with SC12's but never knew about these little buggers.

A bit of a search on here and it looks like some of you guys have played with them, stupid Photobucket has fcked the details from 5 or 6 years ago though, so I thought I'd start a topic specifically about them.

$200 USD!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/mechanical-supercharger-car-gear-supercharger-Turbocharger-Roots-Supercharger-for-Displacement-1-2-2-2L-model-AISIN/32273573307.html

It makes me want to buy one and think about possible applications later...

An AMR300 might suit my Honda N360, it could even be a bolt on if driven off the cooling fan pulley. The carb is mounted with a rubber joiner so it would be easy to swap to something else.

Maybe I could use a bike carb?

It may not be a good idea due to rarity of parts but the idea is so tempting, surely it would be ok on 4 or 5 psi?

Who has played with these and carbs? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark had one on a velobike with a briggs and stratton. Was a bit of a beast apparently. Cant remember his screen name but you will probably find something in the two wheels section if you look hard enough

3 minutes ago, Guypie said:

Mark had one on a velobike with a briggs and stratton. Was a bit of a beast apparently. Cant remember his screen name but you will probably find something in the two wheels section if you look hard enough

Yep I found that, some info but most of the photo's were hosted by photobucket so are gone now. 

3 minutes ago, tortron said:

Hey, i have an amr500 and a v pully. And the piping/flanges that came with it. 

A 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 su would suit pretty much anything that the super charger would

The big amr500 might be a bit much for a 360cc two cylinder?

Perfect. 

You engine inhales 165cc per revolution. The amr 300cc. If you drove it at 1:1 the difference between what it can fit, and what the blower wants to ram down its neck manifests as boost. I'd nave to nut out what psi that would make.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Firetruck said:

10-5s velobike was pumping over 20psi from the 300. It could have done with some meth to keep the temps down, but it worked well with the drawthrough setup.

Man, 20psi! I had a sc12 on 4agze which is basically the same thing but 1200cc. For a short time it ran 10psi and no intercooler, the outlet pipe got FCUKING hot real quick and the ECU must have pulled timing because it ran like a sack. Then intercooled and it was happy. (Then turbo'd and it was even happier lol)

2 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Perfect. 

You engine inhales 165cc per revolution. The amr 300cc. If you drove it at 1:1 the difference between what it can fit, and what the blower wants to ram down its neck manifests as boost. I'd nave to nut out what psi that would make.

Sounds like you are the man to know haha