MopedNZ

MOPED NZ M.C AUCKLAND SMALL BIKE RIDE - Saturday, January 26th, 2019

WHAT A RIDE! 

50 people on small bikes pesting the hell out of Auckland city. 

Can’t wait to do that again. Thanks @sentra and @cletus for coming. Didn’t get to say goodbye. You two are lugunds!

See you all on the next one. 

AEFC8F7E-AE9D-4F6C-BED9-A426F414B856.jpeg

• Like 7

Time to do this again! 

Saturday 26 January 2019.

Meet 9AM; leave 10AM sharp!

Start point is 183 Ponsonby road. Across the road from last years start point. Why? We’re running the route in a reverse direction this year! We love this route but this will be a welcome change. 

It's a 40-50 KM ride around Auckland central that takes us down by the water, including Queen Street, Mission Bay and more. 

250cc limit. Old, weird, unique and awesome bikes welcome. (All scoots welcome of course)

**New sports/cruiser/tourer type bikes will be turned away. Not sure? Just ask! 

This ride aims to cater for those whom usually have no one to ride with. For those whose bikes don’t fit into mainstream categories. 

See you there!

F513FABB-9C56-4FC2-B33D-0861F46A54A8.jpeg

• Like 5

I have to help with judging at 4&rotary show on friday night. 

Usually don't finish till 4am ish

So I've already packed a bike in the van, and a mattress so I can go straight to the meet point,  have a snooze, wake up and go scootering

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, cletus said:

So I've already packed a bike in the van, and a mattress so I can go straight to the meet point,  have a snooze, wake up and go scootering

Aaaaand here we have it. The most dedicated man in NZ scootering. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cletus said:

I have to help with judging at 4&rotary show on friday night. 

Usually don't finish till 4am ish

Interesting that you are helping with judging. Do you take note of vehicles that present well but which are dodgy as fuck?

Also, DAMMIT, was amped for this ride but completely missed the date announcement/am disorganized and am now going horse riding with the wife instead.

hope everyone has a good time!

8 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

Interesting that you are helping with judging. Do you take note of vehicles that present well but which are dodgy as fuck?

Nope. I keep the judging thing completely seperate from work.

1 minute ago, cletus said:

Nope. I keep the judging thing completely seperate from work.

argh I worded that wrong.

I didn't mean take note for work, i ment take note for judging purposes. EG if a car looks amazing and has 700hp but is still 4x100 PCD would you be like.. eh, thats dumb. or if you look in the engine bay and see that its had a rough plates and tags swap.. etc etc.

I got the squash running so I'll be at the back of the pack. Also planning on van sleeping as @Raizerand I are going out so it'll be best to sleep in town somewhere 

• Like 2

I might head along to the start of this, on the Lambretta. Hopefully you'll turn a blind eye to the 'under 250cc' rule. 

• Thanks 2

Im gona head in for a scoot

If we go up queen st i might have to jump off and push the last 100m but ill be power banding hard on the down hill sections!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jessemk2 said:

Im gona head in for a scoot

If we go up queen st i might have to jump off and push the last 100m but ill be power banding hard on the down hill sections!

You and me both! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Poo said:

I might head along to the start of this, on the Lambretta. Hopefully you'll turn a blind eye to the 'under 250cc' rule. 

Pls bring this along. Need some more Italian goodness in front of my eyeballs 

I’m fizzing for this. Just picked up my Honda’s new seat. Soooo lush. Better than the metal tank I’ve been sitting on up until now. 

Have also sold this bike, dropping off to it’s new owner Sunday, so last ride for this wee hunny! 

D1523E21-F94B-4D4C-9528-9D62C85853A4.thumb.jpeg.26ddf14911370af18b06e060e3a871a8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2